Old 03-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Unhappy here i go again =(

Please Login to Remove!

can anyone plz help me ! again i messed my phone up , i think ? i am no longer getting any emails forwarded to my BB 8700c from cingular . only emails that go to my blackberry.net email go through .... which sadly to say , are few if any . can anyone help me get my emails back , i really got used to recieving emails from my outlook into my BB since my wife is 7 months pregnant and she updates me throughout my heavy work-date ..... plz help , cingular help is anavailable too .
Old 03-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #2
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin654
can anyone plz help me ! again i messed my phone up , i think ? i am no longer getting any emails forwarded to my BB 8700c from cingular . only emails that go to my blackberry.net email go through .... which sadly to say , are few if any . can anyone help me get my emails back , i really got used to recieving emails from my outlook into my BB since my wife is 7 months pregnant and she updates me throughout my heavy work-date ..... plz help , cingular help is anavailable too .
If you have your Outlook on your computer running and it checks for emails frequently (like every 1 or 2 or 3 minutes) it may download (and remove) emails from your POP 3 server before the Cingular BIS has a chance to "poll" your ISP for emails and forward them to your 8700. Try logging off your Outlook or changing your Outlook settings so even after it downloads emails from your ISP it leaves the email on your ISP for a few hours or a day so that the Cingular BIS has a chance to "grab" the email and forward it to your 8700

Last edited by chrisnol; 03-19-2006 at 09:27 PM..
Old 03-19-2006, 10:32 PM   #3
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Unhappy

true , my outlook was always set to pole every 3 min and it always worked anyway . emails came in and went to my BB , but now even if i turn off outlook , my emails to optimum mail and emails never come to my BB ... its quite annoying ...help !

p.s. i have my emails set to leave a copy of all emails on the server and not comepletely remove them .
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
true , my outlook was always set to pole every 3 min and it always worked anyway . emails came in and went to my BB , but now even if i turn off outlook , my emails to optimum mail and emails never come to my BB ... its quite annoying ...help !

p.s. i have my emails set to leave a copy of all emails on the server and not comepletely remove them .
Is your email forwarded to your device from your Outlook program on your PC, from the Cingular BIS, or from your ISP directly?
Old 03-20-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
k9Berry1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100i

Have you resent your service book from the BIS? I find this helps sometimes.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #6
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:

I am assuming by Optimum is that you have an Optonline account with Cablevision, if so Optonline gives you the ability to forward the emails to any other account and in this case to your BB email account. This will get those eamils very quickly and you do not have to wait untill BIS polls the account. Just log in to the web online for optonline and then set the forward and keep the message on the server. But first you need to try and do what has been recommended and then set this so you get the emails much quicker.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnol
If you have your Outlook on your computer running and it checks for emails frequently (like every 1 or 2 or 3 minutes) it may download (and remove) emails from your POP 3 server before the Cingular BIS has a chance to "poll" your ISP for emails and forward them to your 8700. Try logging off your Outlook or changing your Outlook settings so even after it downloads emails from your ISP it leaves the email on your ISP for a few hours or a day so that the Cingular BIS has a chance to "grab" the email and forward it to your 8700

you know something , you good sir , are the man ! thankx to everyone for your help but you hit it on the nose ! after i let the outlook poll for messages after 5 min and not 1 like b4 ......bam , there were my messages on my BB ! great ! thankx alot .
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
chrisnol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
you know something , you good sir , are the man ! thankx to everyone for your help but you hit it on the nose ! after i let the outlook poll for messages after 5 min and not 1 like b4 ......bam , there were my messages on my BB ! great ! thankx alot .
My pleasure.

Please note that you should have Outlook that is running from your PC poll for new email a lot less frequently than 5 minutes while you are not at your computer and wanting to get the emails forwarded to your BB. Even with a setting of 20-30 minutes you will miss some messages if they arrive on you POP 3 /ISP just before Outlook polls but before the Cingular BIS polls (which it does only every 15 mnutes). Outlook will grab it first and you'll have the same problem you were having before but to a lesser degree and you will get some but not all messages.

Actually, even if you have your Outlook set to poll every hour you would not get email that arrived just before Outlook polled but before Cingular polls and will miss or lose some messages. If you simply turn off Outlook when you are away from your computer there is no issue (since its not polling). That's what I do and it works like a charm (except when I sometimes forget and leave Outlook running).

Another alternative is to set your Outlook so that emails remain on your POP 3/ISP server even after Outlook polls. I believe you can set Outlook so emails stay on the POP 3/ISP server for a certain time period after it polls (an hour would do it but a day would be even better in case the Cingular BIS was being finicky that day). I believe you can also set Outlook so that emails stay on you POP 3 /ISP server until you manually delete them at your PC, which would work as well.

Good luck!