Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
randrew20

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Automatic Device Lock

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to the blackberry OS, came from a moto Q, so this is probably a very basic question, but how do I set this device to lock automatically after a given time period? I keep forgetting to lock it and clicking it when its in my pocket.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
koki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: BIG RED

the screen doesn't just turn on when it clicks in your pocket...take your t-shirt cover your finger and try clicking the screen when its off, it doesnt turn on, so it cant turn on when its in your pocket, but as for the lock feature i think there is just the one button on the top side of the phone that will do that, but if there is an auto lock feature i too would like to know.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #3
PDXbyStorm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrew20 View Post
I am new to the blackberry OS, came from a moto Q, so this is probably a very basic question, but how do I set this device to lock automatically after a given time period? I keep forgetting to lock it and clicking it when its in my pocket.
You will not be able to disable the clicking when it is in your pocket. You can put it to sleep by pressing the top left of the case where it curves... there is a button there that will turn off the display, but all those side keys and the surepress will keep clicking. I had to get a holster, and will have to get in the habit of wearing it. This phone is not a pocket phone.

You can also set the unit to turn off at a given time by going to Options>>Password.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #4
SQFreak

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Install AutoLock - geek and proud - BlackBerry Software. That'll automatically lock the device for you. I think that's what you're looking for.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

I think it automatically locks on it's own. I actually disabled the password on mine because I'd try to call someone while driving and kept finding my phone locked even though I KNOW I didn't lock it. Not sure what the timing on that is though.

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Closed Thread