Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
CureMS
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: wheel*
Carrier: TMO
Default Money - Ascendo vs. Splash

Please Login to Remove!

In a side-by-side test I've found some differences in the ability to reconcile with bank statements.

When reconciling on the desktop Splash allowed me to simply check off each item to reconcile it while Ascendo required me to open each item and change the status to reconciled.

Ascendo also doesn't seem to distinguish the order of entries on a given day. The impact on reconciliation was that it registered my expense transaction on the start date as prior to my opening balance.

And finally, rather than allowing me to enter the closing balance from my statement, it uses it's own running balance as of the end of that date in the reconciliation screen. The result is that I can't see the balance in Ascendo as reconciled with the balance from my statement.

Splash is just a little slower to synchronize and requires that the program be restarted on the BB, and it doesn't quite have the eye candy appeal but it seems to function better for me.

Please tell me if you've had different experiences with reconciling and/or any other comparisons between the two. I've got about 3 weeks left on the trials to decide.

Thanks.