Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
ssanders54

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Having a severe issue with Bold 9700

Please Login to Remove!

Around noon or so yesterday afternoon, I did an update for the facebook app for my blackberry. I installed everything, and when asked to reboot my phone, I hit reboot now. Well somehow in the process of rebooting my phone, my phone got stuck trying to load back into the OS. Thinking it was just a little hickup, I pulled the battery and put it back in. I let it sit for about an hour and it was still stuck at around 60 percent loaded. I tried doing a soft reset, just pulling at straws at this point. Same deal, stuck at 60. So I looked around for solutions to the problem. I came across the JL_cmder utility. Great! A sort of back door to wiping the OS. I installed it, found the fix for 64bit system and ran it. I tried wiping using the reset to factory default, kept getting an error: unable to open port. So I looked over the instructions again and tried the wipe command. Everything went smoothly until it tried to connect to my phone. It sat still for a few minutes then flashed and that was it. I've tried putting the batter back in and it still gets stuck at 60. What do I need to do aside from (hopefully last resort) sending it in to RIM to get it fixed under the warranty. I've tried loading a backup using the desktop utility, but it keeps getting hung up. If I keep the battery out and try loading a backup I made would that help?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
AVDavid

Carrier: COMCEL

The exact same thing happened to me, when I woke up today my 9700 was rebooting and stuck at around 60%. Yesterday I installed new apps. Removing the battery didn't change anything. Someone has any idea how to fix this?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
AVDavid

Carrier: COMCEL

Update: I used the crackberry tutorial BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry, it worked for me.
Closed Thread