BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
tateu
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default BBCorrector - Anyone with a signing license want to sign a modified version for me?

Please Login to Remove!

On newer versions of the Blackberry OS (I think 4.02 and above), BBCorrector no longer seems to work correctly. Correcting a misspelled word deletes two extra characters before the misspelled word and removes the display of other misspelled words so you have to run spellcheck again and again.

I don't have a Secure API license and have no plans to pay $100 to get one, but I made changes to the BBCorrector code and they fix the above mentioned problems when run in the simulator. I removed one line of code that fixed the deletion of two extra characters and added one line of code so that the display of misspelled words does not disappear when you correct a word. I also changed the URL field in the options screen so that it behaves like a normal URL field (spacebar = .).

Is there anyone with a Secure API license that is willing to sign the modified cod file or compile and sign the modified version (and hopefully the changes I made work in the real world and not just the simulator)?

This file contains the modified source, a JDE 4.1 workspace with project file and the compiled cod/alx files (the changes are listed in "release.txt" under (V1.01 Beta"):
http://www.tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBCorrector

Thanks,

Josh Harris
Closed Thread