BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
mbkibble

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question New To Blackberry Pearl And Have a Few Questions...

Please Login to Remove!

First of all, is there a way to set the phone so that e-mail messages only come to my e-mail box and not to the general messages box?

Second, I have T-Mobile and would like to delete some of the bookmarks and folders the phone automatically comes with. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck with two Blackberry help links forever?

Third, this may be a VERY stupid question, but is it normal to always have the hour glass on the screen?

Thanks in advance for all of your help. I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on. This site is the best!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
bremere
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8230
PIN: ky and the Brain
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkibble
First of all, is there a way to set the phone so that e-mail messages only come to my e-mail box and not to the general messages box?
BIS or BES (personal or corporate email)?

Second, I have T-Mobile and would like to delete some of the bookmarks and folders the phone automatically comes with. Is there a way to do this or am I stuck with two Blackberry help links forever? To my knowledge you can not delete the pre-set bookmarks, only the ones that you create can be deleted

Third, this may be a VERY stupid question, but is it normal to always have the hour glass on the screen? No, very not normal. Pull the battery, count to 10, and try again...if that does not help you may want to look into the warranty and a possible replacement thru the warranty
Thanks in advance for all of your help. I am sure I will have more questions as time goes on. This site is the best!!!!
Welcome to the forums!!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
mbkibble

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Thanks...but in addition more qs

1) Pesonal e-mail, a g-mail account to be exact...

2) Bummer!!!

3) I removed the battery and waited the suggested time, however when I went to turn the phone back on I got a white screen with the twirling hour glass for a good few minutes. Might go to T-Mobile to see what they think.

4) How do you lock the Pearl? And how do you unlock it? Also do you recommend setting up a password to do this?

5) Also I have a mac, will I be unable to download programs to the Pearl?
Closed Thread