sunnychad

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default My BOLD is dead...I think...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Guys,

ANY help will be much appreciated.

I am with O2 and upgraded to a Bold via CPW on Saturday 13 September 2008. Upgraded the firmware to 147

Everything was fine until this Friday when I realised using O2's Mobile Web APN I can stream media sites such as youtube. So I ask O2 to put me on an unlimited O2 data plan. They say fine and on Saturday my BB bolt on gets removed. They didn't advise this would be the case so I duly rang CS and ask them to switch the BB back on. They say sure it will be done on Sunday. Sunday arrives and in the interim having read how great the 150 firmware is I install it. It doesn't suit me so I track back to 147 and this is where there has been a problem.

O2 say all is provisioned on their systems and my Curve works (well connects to BIS) however the Bold refuses to. Even if I have a WiFi connection, the on screen logo remains grey, not bright white. O2 data support tell me to delete and resend service books and frankly nothing. There is no connection to the BIS network so what am I supposed to do? I go for a total OS and data wipe only and re-install and still no good. Something somewhere has caused an issue with the Bold, please can someone HELP!!!

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Any questions welcomed.

Thanks

S
Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
rgvsean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Nexus
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Log into your BIS webpage and send your service books, if you can't do this then ring them and ask them to do it.

Secondly BB E-mails work on the handset IMEI & PIN not the SIM so maybe you need to 'swap devices' unless you have 2 BB acounts??
Closed Thread