Old 05-07-2007, 11:17 PM   #1
raviborawake

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Dont know
Default Email Contents

Please Login to Remove!

Dear all,
I want to call java application which is already install on blackberry from blackberry email content (message body). pl tell me if there is any way to do so.
Thanks in Advance
Old 05-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #2
L Jorissen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8707
Carrier: Proximus

Hello raviborawake,

The way I understand, you want to call an application from the menu when you're reading an email message. Correct? That is possible!! You'll just have to add a menuitem to the MENUITEM_EMAIL_VIEW and call your application in the "run" method of the ApplicationMenuItem.

Here's another thread on this topic: http://www.blackberryforums.com/deve...e-package.html

There's an article on this in the Knowledge Center on BlackBerry.com (article DB-00110)

And last but not least, the BlackBerry App Dev Guide vol 2 (chapter 7: Communicating with BB applications)

Succes, L J
Old 05-09-2007, 04:32 AM   #3
raviborawake

Hello L Jorissen,
Can i pass the parameters to application through menuitems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Jorissen View Post
Hello raviborawake,

The way I understand, you want to call an application from the menu when you're reading an email message. Correct? That is possible!! You'll just have to add a menuitem to the MENUITEM_EMAIL_VIEW and call your application in the "run" method of the ApplicationMenuItem.

Here's another thread on this topic: http://www.blackberryforums.com/deve...e-package.html

There's an article on this in the Knowledge Center on BlackBerry.com (article DB-00110)

And last but not least, the BlackBerry App Dev Guide vol 2 (chapter 7: Communicating with BB applications)

Succes, L J
Old 05-09-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
L Jorissen

Hi,

What exactly do you mean? Which parameter do you want to pass to your application? Could you describe this application?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
raviborawake

Hello L Jorissen,
I want to pass the logged in Id(String) of user and reference id(String/Integer) from the content of email.

For ur reference:
Email content will contain the link to get details.I want to get those details from another application. Those details will be differ from mail to mail so i want to pass the parameters accordingly. I am unable to get the details from the link so i am thinking of adding the menuitem and get it.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
L Jorissen

I begin to understand what you need.
In the code behind a menuitem, you can do whatever you need. For instance, retrieve the message ID of the email (if menuitem is added to BlackBerry messages app), retrieve (parts of) the content of an email, and much more ...
The code to do that will have to come in the run method of the menuitem application. From there, with the retrieved information you will have to invoke your more-details-application, but I'm not sure how to do that since I'm also quite new to BB development. But there must be some info around here on how to invoke third party applications.

Did this help you, or did I miss the point?

Bye, L J
Closed Thread