Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
bgmahesh

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Default Email doesn't contact address book

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB 8520. Suddenly when I compose new email it is not able to fetch the addresses from the "Address book"

If I enter an email address like there is no "Send" menu, there is only "Save Draft" menu

I have sent the service book several times, rebooted the BB (battery pull), still it is not helping.

When I send SMS, it can access the address book. If I get an email, I can reply to email. From address book, I can click on an email id and send email.

What could be going wrong?

-- Mahesh
Old 08-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Welcome to the group.

Do another battery pull. Be sure you do it with the power on. Keep the battery out a good 1 to 3 minutes this time.

I know you say you did the battery pull, but some times for some people it is the second or third battery pull that fixes things. I don't know why. So, do it again. If that doesn't do it, try it one more time and wait a little longer.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
bgmahesh

I had done the battery pull but put the battery back in 3 seconds, a man in a hurry.

Anyways, now I have pulled it out for 5 minutes, did it thrice. Absolutely no luck.

Should I reinstall the OS? If so how? I have backed up my contacts in Outlook, so I am not worried about the recovery.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I wouldn't reinstall the OS yet.

I wonder if you are sync'ing with Google and have created multiple address books. If you have, do a search on that and figure out what do do to correct the problem. I don't use google and so don't know personally what to do.

Otherwise, use the advanced backup/restore functions in desktop manager to selectively clear the address book databases on the device. You'll see several, the actual address book, the address book settings, and then address book hints or last used or something like that; or you may see a little different. Clear all of them, do a hard reset, and then selectively restore those databases you deleted, or do a re-sync of the address book from Outlook. Then try again and see if problem is gone.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
bgmahesh

I had to finally reinstall the OS, twice actually because I "restored" my data which was already corrupted and I was back to square one.

To summarize: did a clean install, did not restore any data. Copied outlook data to device after that. For it seems to work, I don't know why my handheld got corrupted
Closed Thread