Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
HofstraJet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: TMO/AT&T
Default Syncing w/Outlook on Multiple Computers

Please Login to Remove!

I am using an 8700g, v4.1.0.346 (Platform 2.0.0.143).

I am trying to sync contacts, tasks, and calendar w/Outlook at home and at work, so I can have the info on two PCs.

At work, I have a BES and an Exchange server and I use Outlook on my desktop.

At home, I have Outlook on my laptop.

Desktop Manager on both PCs is 4.2.0.10. I do not have wireless reconciliation nor do I use redirector.

Prior to upgrading the Desktop Manager, I was able to sync at the office and then go home and sync w/the desktop without any problems. Now that I upgraded the Desktop Manager, whenever I sync at home, the BB "forgets" how to send emails through the BES and I get these weird emails from [email address] with the body

Quote:
This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 234
The only way to fix it is to sync at the office again. After I do that, emails operate normally.

Any ideas on what has changed that is causing this problem? How can I sync on two PCs (everything but messages) and not have the email settings messed up by the non-work PC?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

You probably installed Desktop Manager on your home PC with the BES option. You need to perform a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager. I think you can refer to blackberryfaq.com or RIM's knowledgebase) and install with the BIS/Internet option. Yes, you are on a BES at work but your desktop PC at home doesn't have access to the work BES which is really what it's asking.

What happens is when you sync at home you're losing your BES service books and they're not restored until you sync at work.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
HofstraJet
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
Carrier: TMO/AT&T

Thanks takeshi. That fixed the problem.

I didn't even have to do a clean install. When I went to uninstall, I noticed there was an option to modify the installation. When I selected that, it allowed me to select BIS instead of BES. It works perfectly now.

Thanks again.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
taimur
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: mobilink

I use BIS and sync my 8700 at home and in office with outlook 2007. The problem is my bb doesn't know the difference between two computers. What it updates on one computer it doesn't update on the other computer. My bb is updated but my outlook on two different computers aren't fully updated. What can I do to correct that?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
drewdinardo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: tour
Carrier: sprint

I did a search on syncing bb with exchnange server and this came up. Sorry if there is a better place to post.
Anyway, I have an 8700g and want to sync with my office calendar. We have outlook on and an exchange server. I want to be able to update calendar on my bb and have it show up on outlook and vice versa. Is this possible?
My email is being sent to my bb email account but it does not sync per say. I would like to have a choice of leaving it on the server or deleting it once I read it on my bb.
Does those email services mail2web or mailstreet, etc do this? any help would be appreciated
Closed Thread