Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
cdoug55
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmobile
Default Where to buy??

Please Login to Remove!

I wrote a while back about getting either a 7290 or 8700g through tmobile and i put it off for a little and now i def. am getting one, but only a data plan I like using my verizon service for phone. My question is, is there anywhere to get a good deal on one instead of just going through tmobile. For example i looked through amazon and it looks like you can get an 8700g for like free when you sign up for a two year deal, however, you have to sign up for a data + voice plan. No option for just data. So is there a place you can get a good deal like that but with only data?

On a side note, regarding attachments like word, excel and pdf's, can u open these and edit or is it like some pda's where you need additional software?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

I don't think there is any deal quite like Amazons....Wirefly.com has pretty much the same deal...you have to get both a voice and data plan in order to get that price..
Old 10-29-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
tk6790

Model: 7130c

Wirelessly posted (7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can open word, excel etc. Files but you can't edit without 3rd party apps

Love my 7130c!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

I never heard of any carrier offering a BB data plan without phone. I looked on Congular and Verizon and don't see one
Old 10-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac
I never heard of any carrier offering a BB data plan without phone. I looked on Cingular and Verizon and don't see one
I think Cingular does from what I have heard. The $35 unlimted data plan they show is if you do not have a voice plan. If you do, then that number is $30.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
cdoug55

well i plan on going through tmobile, which unless im totally mistaken offers data only for 29.99.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

As long as T-mobile provides a good signal where you use the phone, it is as good a choice as any of the others.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #8
cdoug55

now see thats the problem. my area of brooklyn, mostly in my apt building has some problems with service for certain providers. For ex. i got a cingular phone a couple years ago and couldnt use it in my apt at all, now i dont know if thats changed at all since then. I checked cingulars service map and they say my area is covered. Only problem is cingular doesnt even offer a data only package. Now tmobile i have never tried but their map says my area is a three bar area for service which probably means its worse in my building. So i dont know what to do other than just trying tmobile out.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoug55
now see thats the problem. my area of brooklyn, mostly in my apt building has some problems with service for certain providers. For ex. i got a cingular phone a couple years ago and couldnt use it in my apt at all, now i dont know if thats changed at all since then. I checked cingulars service map and they say my area is covered. Only problem is cingular doesnt even offer a data only package. Now tmobile i have never tried but their map says my area is a three bar area for service which probably means its worse in my building. So i dont know what to do other than just trying tmobile out.
As I said in a previous post, you can get a personal data only plan for $35 a month I think. If you add a voice plan, then it drops to $30 a month.
Closed Thread