BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #1
kaseiffert
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100i
Default Telenav on 7100i troubles

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new 7100i I'm trying to run the telenav software on. I'm planning a big trip over thanksgiving that I want to try the service out on. Nessesary Stats are as follows:

Blackberry 7100i
v4.1.0.136

Desktop Manager 4.1.0.8

Telenav for Blackberry 7100i 4.0.1.4

Whats happening is. The software installs with no problems, no errors. I click the telenav icon on the desktop and I'm still looking at the desktop for 30 secs. After 30 secs no new screen loads (telenav home?), but I am able to hit escape and get a menu to pop up in the upper right corner, allowing me to exit the application (that I can't see).

I have called tech support, and thay have so far been no help, although someone is supposed to call me back today..... :/

Tech support had me download the latest Desktop Manager and 7100i software. I have done that, no change.

I was wondering if the good people here have ever run accross this.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
str8down
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T

I can't even get the GPS to garb a sat, so there is no way I could get Telenav to work. Does your GPS work?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #3
kaseiffert

Yes the GPS pick'd up 5 satelites and gave me a 13' accuracy. no problem there. Its something with the Telenav Home screen.

It does take some time for any GPS to get a first fix. It was about 15 mins for my first fix, but now it picks them right up. keep refreshing outside under open sky till you get a fix.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
BRONXKID

Kase..........I experience they same problem you've listed above. I'm not sure if you might have left out one crucial step during installation like I did, but it worth trying.

First.....uninstall Telenav 4.0 under OPTION > ADVANCED OPTIONS > APPLICATIONS. Select Telenav and click trackwheel and select Delete.

Once your device has restarted reinstall Telenav OTA (Over The Air) via the INTERNET BROWSER (blue globe) on your phone. Select Nextel Wireless Web and then select Download Applications. Then select GPS Applications and download Telenav GPS Navigation (7100i).

When the download is complete, you phone will reboot to install the Telenav software. Click on the Telenav icon to launch the software and follow these crucial steps that I paid no attention to

http://www.telenav.com/resource/guid...de%207100i.pdf

Pages 11 and 13 are the two steps that explain giving Telenav the resources it needs to launch properly.

I hope this works for you Kase.......Telenav is a wonderful GPS Nav program that works GREAT!

Let me know if this helped!

Last edited by BRONXKID; 11-06-2005 at 05:35 PM..
Old 11-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
kaseiffert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRONXKID
Kase..........I experience they same problem you've listed above. ...................

......... Click on the Telenav icon to launch the software and follow these crucial steps that I paid no attention to

http://www.telenav.com/resource/guid...de%207100i.pdf

Pages 11 and 13 are the two steps that explain giving Telenav the resources it needs to launch properly.
err I did download the program OTA like you suggested just to see if it would be different than using the loader. No change.

The problem I'm having is the "click on the Telenav icon"

THATS THE PART THAT DOESN"T WORK... I can't get any farther than that because the "click" part won't load a Telenav screen....

So unless I'm just frustrated and missed your point (possable) none of what you said can help me. :(

Thanks tho. :D
Old 11-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #6
kaseiffert

I did use the OTA link to download the other GPS applications, and I have trimble Outdoors working fine, so I know its not the GPS function. its definatly a software problem on my phone.

On a side note it would be nice if the Bluetooth in this phone wasn't crippled. I could use this as a remote gps reciever then and have it translate to my laptop... *sigh* mroe dreams I guess.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #7
cykojoe

Carrier: Nextel

I had the same problem with mine and found out it is a java issue. You can try to do a handheld wipe but I have a BES and I connected the BB directly to the BES and did a " nuke handheld". Then I went to the Nextel site and downloaded OS4.1 and resinstalled and that fixed it.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
kaseiffert

well I don't know what happened but.... now it works.

The only thing I can think of is I installed mologogo and was playing with that, then on a whim today I tryed a reinstall before I called back TeleNav Support. poof up came the home screen...

I'm very very happy :D its a great program but expect lack luster customer service if u need it.
Closed Thread