Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
dschwartzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Reformat media card

Please Login to Remove!

I just got an 8130 - Pearl (Verizon) and want to be able to move files between the media card and my mac (G5 imac and G4 iBook). It appears that when I have the card formated by the BB it does not appear on the desktop as a volume in Finder but does appear in Disk Utility. If I use Disk Utuility to reformat the card as MS-DOS - FAT format, the card then mounts on the desktop. After the reformat I created a main folder called Blackberry and sub-folders for pictures, video, music, movies and voicenotes.

Is this normal behavior or should I be able to see the card if it has been formatted by the BB? This is my first phone with a media card so this is new territory for me.

Thanks,

David
Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
dschwartzer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

OK, it appears my idea of using Disk Utility to format the card is not a good idea. The card repeatedly crashes. I have now reformatted the card in the Blackberry and it is working again but once again, I cannot see the card in Finder and it does not mount to the desktop but it is visible in Disk Utility.

I have checked that the Mass Storage Mode Support is set to "On" and the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is set to "Yes".

The the USB cable is plugged into the phone, there is a message at the bottom of the media card option screen that says, "The media card is not available because Mass Storage Mode is currently in use." That tells me that the Mac sees the card but it won't mount.

I've looked through the other posts here and it seems that most people are able to mount the card when formatted by the phone so I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

David
Closed Thread