Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
Greenwich-kid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: N/A
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodaphone
Default User not deleting from BES

Please Login to Remove!

One of my clients has a BES (They've also got other problems than this so maybe it's all part of a bigger problem but who knows)

Anyway this is BES 4.1.4 Exchange 2003 They only have one user on this and there have been some issues with getting their BB onto the BES, however I've noticed that when I remove the user from the BES they go inot the users pending deletion and just stay there? By stay there I mean 2 days later they are still there, anyway of purging a users properly?

I know in BES there is this option but you get a don't do this dialouge box turning up, which is a bit wierd why give you the option if they don't want you to use it?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
DarkWater
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

What is actually happening is the remove command is being sent back to the SQL server which passes it to Exchange. If SQL does not receive a confirmation then the user stays in the Pending Delete window.

You can purge the user from there, but the risk is that the removal of the BES information from Exchange is not complete which can cause some problems. If it has been two days I would purge the user account and then add them back.

If when you add them back any data is restored such as PIN number, then the removal did not work properly. Try removing the account again to see if it will work that time.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:54 AM   #3
Greenwich-kid
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: N/A
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodaphone

HI there Darkwater, ok now that all makes sense now, you posted in my other post. I can't be sure now but I strogly suspect that I had a SQL problem on the BES, I re-installed BES and it's all aorking fine now. I wondering if the BES DB was corrupt.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
DarkWater
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8320
PIN: FFFFFFFF
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenwich-kid View Post
HI there Darkwater, ok now that all makes sense now, you posted in my other post. I can't be sure now but I strogly suspect that I had a SQL problem on the BES, I re-installed BES and it's all aorking fine now. I wondering if the BES DB was corrupt.
If the DB was corrupted you would probably have a lot more problems.

It was probably just a communications gap.

Should you encounter the pending users issue again, go ahead and purge after 24 hours. You could also try restarting the Dispatcher during a down period. I've heard sometimes that can work.

Otherwise, purge and then find yourself dbclean to manually ensure the mailbox information was removed.
Closed Thread