Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #1
dallasmaverick

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Thumbs up WOW!!! UMA Killer App is here, VoIP Home Phone Service from T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

We knew all along that T-Mobile had something up its sleeve. Well, I am surely excited about this news. Vonage's days have been numbered for a while (not counting the other VoIP providers), it looks like T-Mobile is ready to launch its VoIP landline service to go with its HotSpot @Home offering. From the past experience, the beta tests have been done a month prior to launch, which makes me believe they will be launching it around the valentines day. I hope they price it well, this definitely is going to be a bad news for Vonage and others, and from what I have heard so far, the service works pretty damn well. Think about it, we all know UMA has some minor issues with dropped calls when handing off from UMA to GSM, however, handoffs are not needed for this landline service which means better days ahead for the UMA enthusiasts like me. WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW. T-Mobile ROCKS !!!!

================================================== ========

XXXXX,

We have a great new beta test opportunity available for members of the T-Mobile beta test community hosted by Centercode. This new beta test opportunity is a voice over IP (VOIP) home phone service that will go along with your T-Mobile mobile service account to provide you with outstanding communications, no matter where you are.

You will need to have a broadband internet service account with a cable modem, ClearWire Wireless Internet, a DSL modem or a Fiber-based account (Verizon FIOS for example). You will also need to have a post-paid T-Mobile mobile phone account to participate in this trial.

If you are accepted to participate in this test, the equipment will be provided to you on a temporary basis for the length of the test and shipping costs will be paid in both directions. You will not be charged for this beta test of the home phone service for the duration of the test, but you will need to pay for your mobile phone service as you normally would.

If you have any questions on this test, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Doug Sorensen
[email address]
Old 01-06-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

If this means they build out their network it would be good. But I don't see why it would be any more appealing than any other VOIP service. I doubt they'll be the cheapest service. Unless there's some special draw like it uses your phone number to ring both.
Closed Thread