audriskhong
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone, Australia
Default bold not ringing, new message on bbm not ringing, no alarm

Please Login to Remove!

please help!!!

the other day, my alarm went nuts, it kept ringing every 5 mins even when i already stopped snoozing it. it jus comes up without any alarm notice n i cant turn it off. i switched off my phone and when i turned it back on, my bold out of a sudden jus doesnt ring when i get calls. even when i receive a new message from blackberry messenger / sms. n now when i set up my alarm, it did not only NOT ring, it doesnt even show up at all (jus like when u put the alarm to off mode).

i checked the profile in normal active profile mode, so definitely not on quiet mode. help! i cant wake up without my alarm!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

try a battery pull

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
audriskhong
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: bold
Carrier: Vodafone, Australia

thanks, that was easy. but i was wondering why does bold always get problems like these, and u jus gotta get the battery out and put them back in, does that gotta do with updating the software? cuz i've had my bold for 2 months now, but havent had any upgrade..
Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

no, its nothing to do with updating software.
i dont exactly know why it happens, but i put it down to sometimes the bold is just like a pc, and when things get confused or clogged up in the memory, you restart a pc...a battery pull is the restart for the bold.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 02-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
palomartian
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ched off BBM, gained 3MB
Carrier: att

What is the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del for a BlackBerry? Is that a good first try for minor issues?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

the only equivalent im aware of is a battery pull. and yes, it is the first thing to try for minor issues.

someone people appear to pull the battery out while the device is still on. however, i dont, i turn off the device, pull the battery from anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds, and put back in. it will then show the red light, start up and show white screen with clock and finally boot completely, and this normally fixes any minor problems the bold has.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
palomartian
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: ched off BBM, gained 3MB
Carrier: att

I used to do a full power off, but the first time I got the Java error avalanche when doing that, I stopped bothering.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

ive had the java error, only when removing an app and letting it restart. then battery pull soon fixed.

ive never had java errors when i do a battery pull with powering off.
from what ive read i *think* that doing it that way just resets it, whereas without powering off, so your in the middle of using it, and pulling the battery can cause data loss.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #9
teddyk

Carrier: AT&T
Default ctrl, alt, del

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomartian View Post
What is the equivalent of ctrl-alt-del for a BlackBerry? Is that a good first try for minor issues?
Left alt key, right shift key, del (same as pulling battery) works on curve and bold, not on pearl as far as I know.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
kirrinjones
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: 208E7C41
Carrier: LIME, Jamaica

the equivalent to a ctrl+alt+del on most BlackBerrys is ALT+RCAPS+DEL. That will reset the device (soft), clears the memory and all that. If you decide that you wish to simulate a battery pull, then as soon as you see the white screen, do the key combination again and it will do a full (hard) reset.
Closed Thread