Old 01-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
Osprey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default DM 4.7 - Media Manager problems

Please Login to Remove!

Hi - can anyone help with this further glitch on the 8900 ?

I downloaded DM 4.7 from the disc that came with my phone. Everything works, apart from Media Manager. Media Sync works, but only syncs ITunes. Someone told me to download DM 4.7 with Media Manager from the RIM website as a fix, so I did. I am left with exactly the same problem - the Media Manager on the left hand side of the Media window is visible, but "greyed out", so inoperable. I can not find tech support on this issue - and I would like to get at other media on my PC to download to my 8900.

p.s. I previously had a BB Curve 8300 and the software that came with it; I removed this prior to installing DM 4.7, but I am not sure that it removed every reference to Roxio.

Anyone have any clues ? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
sc93
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Good luck.
Cant get Media Manager to work at all here.
I had problems with the Roxio before too and had to use the RIM Media Manager prior to Roxio but I cant find it now since I lost my last Curve and my PC crashed too, ha.
Good times!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you haven't already, try totally removing 4.7 from your PC and reinstalling it.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:25 AM   #4
Osprey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: O2

Ndub33 - thank you for the advice. I just did this and it has not made any difference - Media Manager is not available for some reason. Also initially doing this left me with two DM windows coming up on my PC screen and some error messages, although it has calmed down now. I have followed someone else's suggestion and manually sent some of my music files to blackberry with mass storage turned on. This seems to get round the issue of not having Media Manager, but i am unimpressed with RIM that taking on board a new BB has caused so many probs and timewasting. I think i have had it for this month with BB problems ! Thanks again for your helpful advice though.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
davmail

Model: 7130g
Carrier: o2

Yep,my Media Manager won't work,cant send files via Bluetooth,pretty bad,I can't customise my screen etc.Any ideas as to how to send stuff to the phone,no Wap either.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
sc93
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Ndub33 - thank you for the advice. I just did this and it has not made any difference - Media Manager is not available for some reason. Also initially doing this left me with two DM windows coming up on my PC screen and some error messages, although it has calmed down now. I have followed someone else's suggestion and manually sent some of my music files to blackberry with mass storage turned on. This seems to get round the issue of not having Media Manager, but i am unimpressed with RIM that taking on board a new BB has caused so many probs and timewasting. I think i have had it for this month with BB problems ! Thanks again for your helpful advice though.
Unfortunately the Roxio Media Manager has been a problem since my first Blackberry.
Not sure why.
The older Media Manager works fine.
I just cant find it now.
Anyone else know how to get it?
Thanks!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
No worries-wish I could have been more helpful.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
smith67
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: orange

I can't get Roxio media manager to install at all and have followed several lines of attack - including wiping registry clean of any traces of Roxio, reinstalling, installing older versions, etc. Have also tried a couple of different sources for the DM download.

Conclusion? It just ain't meant to be
Have managed to transfer some files via bluetooth but nothing larger than a meg or two yet. Hopefully once I get an SD card in situ and want to transfer something larger then XP will see the card and it won't be too hard - famous last words?
Closed Thread