Old 01-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
gazcallyt

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Random Calendar Sync.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

Getting some really random calendar sync's happening, if you enter a new entry on the blackberry with no invitees, this sync's fine, then you can edit it and move it to another time or date, and this works, if we try the same with an invitee it creates fine and replicate's to outlook, then if you try again it loses it's marbles, it will move on the blackberry but not on outlook, yet the calendar sync seems to be working, we experienced the same on bes 3.6 so we have just upgraded to 4.1.6.9 running desktop versions 4.6 and 4.7, with a mixture of bold's and 8800 curves, but the problem exists across all, sometimes when it does do it, simple one event entries start to play up, we are running exchange 2003, anybody else experienced anything smiliar ?

Cheers

Gaz.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Brendan42
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: If I had a choice, a man-bag like Jack on Day-6.

Have you upgrades to SP6 MR3? Supposed to have better support form some MAPI functions. See thread
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-...appearing.html
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
stuwhite
Feeling Blue, Bigly ;->

Model: 9000
PIN: 3, it's the magic number
Carrier: Most of them, it's a Global Village man!

Have you checked for delegates? Although cal sync issues are probably never going to go away, I am seeing more and more lately that those people seriously affected on a daily basis all have delegates (or are a delegate in a complicated chain). Ok so we all know that delegates cause issues and it's not worth spending my MS Premier hours on but one thing I never really considered in the troubleshooting is the extent to which outlook has been used to tweak security settings on the client side (coz I don't do client-side!).

I have been getting our desktop guys to get into the client (for the main user who has the delegates) and check all the perm settings on the mbx and folders. Guess what they are finding? Lots of ex users, messed up settings etc. and guess what happens when they fix it all, yup you got it, cal sync suddenly works like a charm.

The only other thing i would say is check all your patches and dlls are correct first but I sorta assume anyone posting has done that bit first :->.
Closed Thread