Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
michaelmuller

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular
Default Good project management software

Please Login to Remove!

I've been checking out the ToDoMatrix software and yowza, it's pretty good, but I'm looking for something slightly different.

I need a project manager program that will sync OTA w/ my business partner(s) so we can all coordinate tasks on projects.

Doesn't have to do billing, or anything, just a coordinated project to do w/ notes and comments, etc.

Any advice?

Mik
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Nothing that I know of -- ToDoMatrix is the best bet that I have seen.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
michaelmuller

... and it will sync up with other people? I suppose I could go to their support site and ask there, but you're here and, well, seem very nice and friendly-like.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

Go to the rexwireless site, they have some team solutions. They're support is very good so send them an email or check the forums.

I use it for todos, things that come up day to day on a job. For project management the small screen of the BB isn't good, there aren't any task relationships and other such reasons, it doesn't work for me to manage projects.

There is MyLifeOrganized but no BB client. You can send them a note maybe they'll come up with one if enough people send an email. Other than that, I haven't found anything better than MS Project and a netbook.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
michaelmuller

That's what I was afraid of. I'll definitely send Rex an email with a feature request.

Thanks for the feedback. Very cool site. I think I'll park here for a while and see what's up.

Mik
Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Might want to check out Handango.com and also the BB apps world.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
squeff
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: Sprint

Michael, what exactly do you need?

ToDo Matrix is good for task management, but doesn't do things like tasks linkages very well. It has "delegation" capabilities, but these are a bit limited if you really want collaborative task management.

I'd suggest that you look into something that's browser based. In particular, something that supports a mobile browser. That way, you can and your partners can all login from your mobile devices or desktop browsers.

If you have very simple needs, you might find that Google Documents could be a good tool.

"Don't Forget the Milk" is also popular (www.dontforgetthemilk), although it doesn't really do team work very well.

Similarly, "Remember the Milk" (Remember The Milk: Online to do list and task management). This one has some rudimentary sharing abilities.

Don't discount Google Calendar (which now has some task abilities). This has some surprisingly simple but powerful sharing capabilities. And it works well in a mobile browser.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c

Read this today and, although vaporware right now, might be something useful to you. Not so much Google Wave, but Blackberry Groups.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #9
THE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

Rex has a product called knowledgematrix that syncs tasks across multiple users.

knowledgematrix
Old 06-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
XingBerry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: storm
Carrier: AT&T

Did you try any of these ? Do let me know incase you did and found them good ..I've been looking for one too
Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
cliffmama

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon
Default Check out FCMobilelife

Check out FCMobilelife - it's from Franklin Covey (the paper planning people) and will let you not only do schedules and task lists, but lets you collaborate with other subscribers so you can assign tasks, track goals, etc...
You can also attach pictures and audio to everything you track.
There's a web interface, and it works on BlackBerries and Windows Mobile phones. You can find info about it at fcmobilelife dot com.
Closed Thread