Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
javish

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Birthday reminder

Please Login to Remove!

A couple of days ago I noticed that I got a birthday reminder around 9pm and I was trying and looking all over the phone how can I change the reminders to like morning time. Couldn't find anything that I could change. I started to sync my phone on my laptop around the same time I noticed that reminder. I just sync my contact book with Outlook Express. I asked on another forum and I was told that the phone was taking the reminders from Outlook but I don't have Outlook, I have Outlook Express. I looked all over my email program and couldn't find anything regarding birthday reminders much less any kind of reminder. Does anyone know how can I change the reminders times for birthdays?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: Tmobile

I just got my first bday reminder yesterday morning. I added it to the contact on the phone and it came up the morning of her bday. I didn't mess with Outlook (which is what I use) because I don't synch it often. . It also added (birthday) after that person's My Faves name on the wheel and a little birthday cake logo too, I thought that was cool!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
brandnewsimmy
Thumbs Must Hurt

With birthday reminders when I first went in and added bdays to contacts they never showed on the calendar. I added them directly on my phone not through any other application. I tried battery pulls, changing the theme, and different OS's but nothing showed them. I went through them all and deleted and re-added the bdays and that fixed it. It now shows the bdays as an all-day even starting at 5 PM the night before. It was annoying and I still have no clue why they weren't working but re-adding them worked. Maybe just try this with one and see if it works. It definately is a pain however...
Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
javish

I will try this and see thou I don't look forward to changing 140+ birthdays! The funny thing is that all my birthdays show on the calendar and when you check them there's nothing I can set there to make the reminders show on the morning instead of that late at night.
If anyone has any other suggestions beside editing every contact please let me know.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
brandnewsimmy
Thumbs Must Hurt

With my problem bdays were not showing at all in my calendar so hopefully you find some other way.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: vodafone

funny, this birthday problem is around for a long time with no one can fix this.

even RIM don't do anything about it!
Closed Thread