Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Rootze

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sasktel
Default Radio Keeps turning off

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone! I've been struggling with my 8330, the last week and a half. I've called RIM, but everytime I do I'm always on hold way too long. The issue is, my radio keeps turning off. I have reset it, updated the software, etc. It started with once a day, now it turns off, as soon as I turn it back on. I'm with sasktel mobility, and I have a contract for another year, so a new phone isn't possible. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm frustrated to the point where I want to drop it off a building.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse, and I have googled, but havent been able located a solution.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Radio Keeps turning off

Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Check that your battery remains snug against the contacts. Put a paper shim along the side of the battery opposite the contacts and see if that does anything.

If it's gotten wet recently that could be the cause too. Just high humidity could do it.

There is always a chance it's a software glitch, but if you've done an update recently that rules out a bug.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

How's the battery charge? Once it gets to under 20% or so it shuts down. RIM would much prefer if you called Sasktel as they really don't do consumer customer support.

You may want to try a new battery.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Rootze

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sasktel

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll try the paper shim. Battery is fully charged. As for moisture, the indicators turn pink/red when wet, am I correct? If that's the case, then only the battery's paper has the pink on it, but that's been like that for over a year!
Closed Thread