BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
christophen16

Model: 7130g
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Buying a Mackbook for Blackberry

Please Login to Remove!

i am going to buy a new apple mac book and i have got a blackberry 7130g and i want to run xp so that i get the benifit of a modem but i am confused beacuase of all the comments on it, what i want to know is?

1. If you install Paralles aswell as boot camp is it possible to access the internet with your blackberry without booting?

2. On the Bootcamp website it says by apple that i have to have a bona fide copy of windows, if i where to install a copied version that i know works, would it still work?

3. when windows boots up is it fast enough?

thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
ewh01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: The Big V

Let's see if I can help you here...

1. You have to start Windoze, wether it's in Boot Camp OR Parallels, to access the 'net through VZAccess.

2. Windows checks for authenticity, so you need a copy that can be authenticated or it will kick you off in 30 days.

3. I am posting this through VZAccess now, it isn't DSL or Cable, but it's better than dial-up. I get 150 k downline on a regular basis with 1X, EVDO is hit or miss here at work.
Closed Thread