Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
denness544
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
PIN: PIN: XXXXXXX
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Someone else's email set up on my Pearl

Please Login to Remove!

This is weird but I have 2 email addresses that belongs to someone else on my Pearl. Apparently, it set itself up when i clicked on the "Set Up Email" icon. I got a message that said "Your handheld is configure to use with PIN 2******. Would like to switch back to 23E**** (My PIN)." Now I have 2 email boxes that belongs to someone else on my Pearl. Is this Tmobile's fault? This is a pretty scary problem if this is a common errors among Blackberrys. How can I get rid of these email addresses? BTW, I'm on BIS with Tmobile.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

PINs are specific to each handheld. You don't take your PIN with you when you switch devices.

Log in to your Carrier's BIS and make sure the PIN associated with your mailboxes is accurate.

If that doesn't work, call Tmo and tell them to remove that user from your handheld.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
denness544
Thumbs Must Hurt

That's why I thought it was weird. So I pulled the battery out of my phone and removed the SIM. Started it up again, I clicked on the "Set Up Email" again but this time I got an error saying something about null. Logged into my BIS and everything seems fine. All of my email accounts are on there. I don't see this other person's emails. Since this person's emails aren't showing up on my BIS can Tmobile still remove it?

Oh this is my Pearl it's brand new from Tmobile. Never sent it back for a refurbished one.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

on your bb, go to options, advanced, service books and if you see the service books for the unwanted e-mail accounts, delete them.

You may need to do a battery pull reboot to reset.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
denness544
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
on your bb, go to options, advanced, service books and if you see the service books for the unwanted e-mail accounts, delete them.

You may need to do a battery pull reboot to reset.
Perfect! That did the job. I sure hope no one has my email account accidentally setting up on their BB.
Closed Thread