Old 07-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Backlash
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Couple of Curve Questions. Maybe BB in general

Please Login to Remove!

Ok, I've had my Curve for about a month and a half. Love the phone, but i have a few questions/problems with it. Not sure if it's Curve or BB in general though.

1. I have the BB Leather Holster. When i get email and I take the curve out of the holster, it automaticly opens up the e-mail to be read. I have it set up to vibrate once when it's e-mail while it's in the holster. So i know it's E-mail i am getting. It's just my regular Pop3 E-mail so i know it's not real important to me, I usualy just let it sit there if i'm doing something else. But if i take the phone out to make a call, the E-mail is opened up automaticly and i have to exit out of everything jus to make a phone call. Quite annoying.

2. When my phone is locked and i recieve a call. I answer it like ay other phone out there. (or at least every phone i have ever had or used) But when the call is over, ever other phone out there reverts BACK to the locked status. Not the Curve.. I have to relock the phone manualy.

The first one is the one that bugs me the most, the 2nd i can deal with if thats the way it has to be.

Again, i Love the curve but these two things annoy me. And i'll admit i haven't really looked through all the options/settings to cure these two, although ever time I run into them i swear i'm going to go through every setting, but usualy forget.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I know for the first question that is how BlackBerries work. My 8700g does this too. However, it won't open after a certain amount of time has past (the exact amount I don't know). At least that is how my 8700g works. I think if I have an incoming e-mail, and I don't take my BlackBerry out for about 5-10 minutes, it won't open that e-mail when I take it out of the holster.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ditto Jeremy's comments--but I thought it took about 15 seconds so the new email did not open automatically.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ditto Jeremy's comments--but I thought it took about 15 seconds so the new email did not open automatically.
It's closer to 15 seconds rather than many minutes.

To the OP, you shouldn't have to close things. I assume on the curve you can press the send key and then manually dial the call; use the end key to return to the home page and then speed dial; or use a short cut to access contacts and make the call from there; and then deal with the email afterward.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Backlash
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

if you don't close the email, and the program after that and just hit send to dial. you WILL have to close them after the call anyway. and now you will also have to close the Call log as well. when you go back to the email program, you will have the e-mail open, even if you get new email the first one is open still. have to back out of that email to see the others.
you are right i don't have to close the e-mail to make a call, but it just bugs me that the phone decides i need to have the email open. and have to back out of everything to get back to the main screen, if i hit end and see the main screen, next time i hit the messages program, i go back to the email instead of the main messaging screen. If i get a text in the mean time, the E-Mail is open and i have to go back to see the text message.

i just sent me an email and waited almost a minute after getting it, still opened it. so it's no seconds.

which is another little thing with BB, when I send or recieve a call. when the call is over, it shows the call log to me. why? i know i made the call... or recieved the call... now i have to exit that screen to get back to the main screen.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

It could be a minute. I never paid close attentionm, but didn't think it was 5 to 10 minutes.

So far as the other stuff, seems no big deal to me. In fact I see the email opening as keeping with the blackberry reason for being. It is THE mobile email machine. But I understand others get very irritated by some things I see as no big deal.