Silversmok3
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcn046 View Post
I already have a DVD on my laptop harddrive. I used DVD Decrypter to get it there.. does anyone know how to get it from my hd to my Bold? If you're not fimilar with DVD Decrypter, I can use anything... free
I'm going by memory here,its a process I use to rip DVD's and then to my iPod,all using free software.

Except this time I'm gonna outline how to do it for a Blackberry.

First,go to DVD Decrypter,set file splitting to none,then enable stream processing,pick a place to save the raw .VOB file and click convert.It will naturally take some time to do its business.

Next,download (free,no trial software or restrictions)PSP video converter.This will turn that .VOB file into an MPEG-4 widescreen format.Now,if you're savvy with the program you can create your own profile and change the bitrate at this step,but not a requirement.

Note that if you already have a non-blackberry format video (like the Dark Knight's wmv.) you can use this utility to convert it into a high quality MP4 file for your Bold.As described above,pick a place to save the file and off you go.

Now,I don't know what max bitrate the Bold can handle,but if you get lag issues with the BB use another free utility called Blackberry Video Converter to convert the MP4 to a low-bitrate .avi .

Hope this helps
-Silversmok3
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
mckinneycm
Cisco Engineer

Model: 9700
PIN: 100001011001011000001100111011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversmok3 View Post
I'm going by memory here,its a process I use to rip DVD's and then to my iPod,all using free software.

Except this time I'm gonna outline how to do it for a Blackberry.

First,go to DVD Decrypter,set file splitting to none,then enable stream processing,pick a place to save the raw .VOB file and click convert.It will naturally take some time to do its business.

Next,download (free,no trial software or restrictions)PSP video converter.This will turn that .VOB file into an MPEG-4 widescreen format.Now,if you're savvy with the program you can create your own profile and change the bitrate at this step,but not a requirement.

Note that if you already have a non-blackberry format video (like the Dark Knight's wmv.) you can use this utility to convert it into a high quality MP4 file for your Bold.As described above,pick a place to save the file and off you go.

Now,I don't know what max bitrate the Bold can handle,but if you get lag issues with the BB use another free utility called Blackberry Video Converter to convert the MP4 to a low-bitrate .avi .

Hope this helps
-Silversmok3
I've got an easier way:

1) Download DVDFab

2) Run DVDFab

3) Insert DVD

4) Select 'Cell Phone' as output. Then select BlackBerry.

5) Select 'Start'

All done.

www.coreymckinney.com
Old 12-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #23
redevil

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I have tired to convert the digital copy of the movie to mp4 but when I go to play it on my Bold it is all distorted. It looks like it might be encrypted still and wont play properly on my Bold.

I used FormatFactory to convert the .wma digital copy to mp4.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
benf13

Use AnyDvd from SlySoft (Free Fully Functional Trial) and Handbrake (Freeware), the Dark Knight looks perfect on the Bold.

SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD

HandBrake - Download
Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #25
bananasplit

Model: Bold
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneycm View Post
I've got an easier way:

1) Download DVDFab

2) Run DVDFab

3) Insert DVD

4) Select 'Cell Phone' as output. Then select BlackBerry.

5) Select 'Start'

All done.
Does this bypass the DVD copy protection, or is this under the assumption the disc in question has NO copy protection in the first place? DVDFab is a bit pricey but if it works as simple as how you state it, then I'm gonna give it a shot. Have a DVD library but have not found the time to check which ones are copy protected and which ones aren't.

Your opinion is valued. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #26
ChestR_MolestR
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800

DVD fab is worth the money if you can't find a free one. Very simple and an overall great program.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #27
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ... --- ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananasplit View Post
Does this bypass the DVD copy protection, or is this under the assumption the disc in question has NO copy protection in the first place? DVDFab is a bit pricey but if it works as simple as how you state it, then I'm gonna give it a shot. Have a DVD library but have not found the time to check which ones are copy protected and which ones aren't.

Your opinion is valued. Thanks.
Yes it does. I am still using the trial, and it doesnt have any restrictions aside from a 30 day trial. If the support for devices gets bigger, I may end up purchasing the program. As of right now there is no exact match to the Bolds screen, but i used the closest to it, and it's almost perfect.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #28
bananasplit

Model: Bold
Carrier: O2 UK

@ Serkle K

You say it's "almost perfect"...what issues do you experience? And are they negligible? Audio not in sync with video? Dropped frames? Audio quality suffers?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #29
Serkle K
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ... --- ...

i say it's almost perfect because it's not the same hi-res quality like the speedracer demo, and because the only option I have been able to find for screen size is 480x360, and that leaves very small black bars going down each side as opposed to a widescreen display. Others have stated that they found an option to create a custom size, but I have not been able to find it. For me, the audio/video is in perfect sync, i have noticed very slight lag when ffw or rwd, but it catches up very quickly... So it's not an exact "full screen fit", and the resolution isnt as hi-res as I would like, but it's very good compared to some others I have seen. Almost similar to watching on my iPod

Last edited by Serkle K; 12-22-2008 at 01:31 PM..
Old 12-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #30
DevilishGuy

CloneDVD mobile works great
I converted Critters 2 to my Bold.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #31
kabe73

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
Hey,

I tried to search but has any one been able to put the digital copy of The Dark Knight on their BB Bold?

I was wondering if it was possible, or is it just for Windows based phones and iPhone?

Please let me know how.

Thanks
Giveawayoftheday . com has a converter for free today.
I know there are a lot of free ones already out there, but I've had a lot of success with the ones they've provided.

Good luck...
Closed Thread