Old 01-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
bcinelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 24338892
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Specific Recipient Problem SMS - Tmobile to AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

This is specific to my mother. I am UNABLE to send her text messages. By saying that she is able to send me text messages where I can receive them with no problems. Now i send my mother text messages and they say they went out fine but she does not receive them on her phone.

My brothers have Tmobile and do not have problems sending SMS messages to my mother nor do they have a problem receiving.

I was wondering if anyone has ever come into this problem and if anything if a solution was available.

<-- info on phone
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A

I send text messages (SMS) to a friend who uses ATT and it usually works fine. However, every once in awhile, I will send a text and she will not receive it until two days later.

I always suspect that it has something to do with network traffic getting clogged up. This huge delay also occurred during the US presidential inauguration (I am in the DC area).
Old 01-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
bcinelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 24338892

Quote:
Originally Posted by 341EastOf View Post
I send text messages (SMS) to a friend who uses ATT and it usually works fine. However, every once in awhile, I will send a text and she will not receive it until two days later.

I always suspect that it has something to do with network traffic getting clogged up. This huge delay also occurred during the US presidential inauguration (I am in the DC area).
Its everytime though. And its been a while.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
GoFrogs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&Tingular

I had that problem and described it on this post yesterday:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...-messages.html

If your Mom is on AT&T then she has the same problem I was having. Just have to find a CSR who is willing to dig into the screen options on their side to find out how she blocked incoming text messages. I moved from AT&T to SunCom (involuntarily), then transfered to Cingular, then moved to AT&T. It was somehow suring these transitions that I got set up that way.