Old 03-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Dandy_Don

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8310 - Numbers and Email etc on T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

My wife had a Blackberry Pearl with T-Mobile, but unfortunately it broke. I had an old Blackberry Curve 8320 which I stopped using a few weeks ago, also on T-Mobile. I thought that I would just be able to switch sim cards and it would start working.

The phone calls works fine for calls, as does the Blackberry service.

However, all the numbers are mine and not hers (I thought these were stored on the SIM?). How can I get her numbers over to my old phone without great difficulty - I can still see the ones on her old one (it was just a couple of small problems with the Pearl such as keyboard and a crack on the lens).

Also, I have added her e-mail address which works fine. However, my old one still shows up and is available as a 'sending' address. How can I remove this from her phone? On the T-Mobile E-Mail setup service it just shows hers, not mine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Don

Last edited by Dandy_Don; 03-18-2009 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

So are the numbers on the SIM or on the Pearl? If Pearl, you can use the switch device wizard on BBDM to transfer them overo to the old Curve. Or, if it's already synched somewhere like Outlook, you can do a one-way sycn to the Pearl.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
Dandy_Don

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi - I thought they were on the SIM AND the Phone itself. However, they do not show up on the new phone - is there anyway I can try selecting the SIM or would they show up automatically?

My wife unfortunately doesn't have her cable to hook it up to the PC - So I guess that means manual?

And the E-Mail issue?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Note: I don't use the Switch Device wizard as I don't need it so take anything I say about the wizard with a grain of salt.

SIM phone book support is only there for those migrating from "regular" phones to the BB. The BB doesn't use the SIM phone book at all and you really need to regularly sync/backup to a PC after you start using the BB.

Make sure there isn't a BIS account associated with your old BB. You should have transferred it to a new BB or had the carrier delete it. She can then transfer her BIS account to your old BB.

Id recommend wiping your old BB as it has all your stuff on it (Options->Security->General Settings, access the menu and choose Wipe Handheld). Then you can try using the Switch Device wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy_Don View Post
My wife unfortunately doesn't have her cable to hook it up to the PC - So I guess that means manual?
Do you have the cable from any BB? They're all the same except for the Storm, IIRC.

Last edited by takeshi; 03-19-2009 at 09:52 AM..
Old 03-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #5
Trimix
BlackBerry Master

PIN: infarina
Carrier: of alotta bacteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy_Don View Post
Hi - I thought they were on the SIM AND the Phone itself. However, they do not show up on the new phone - is there anyway I can try selecting the SIM or would they show up automatically?
I assume from that, the numbers are on the SIM? If they are you can easily transfer them over to the phone's address book.

Go to address book, press the menu key, SIM phone book.

Once in the SIM address book, press the menu key again and there should be an option for COPY TO ADDRESS BOOK.
Closed Thread