BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
justin.rucinski

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T
Default BlackBerry Bold 9700 for $9.99!

Please Login to Remove!

I highly recommend checking out Walmart.com for anyone looking to get a new BB9700. I ordered mine yesterday when it was $49.99 then checked back this morning and it's only $9.99 now! I'm on the phone right now waiting to get them to credit my account. They also are offering free activation and allow upgrades as well as the addition of new lines to an existing account.

Here's the link to the phone, just enter your zip code to see the pricing.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is allowed, if you want to PM me your name and email address we will each get a $25 credit from their Referral Program to use toward purchases made through their site. In essence, you could get paid $15 to buy a new BB9700.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
Jared
Urban Outdoorsman

Carrier: T-Mobile

Nice find!

7230 -> 8700 -> 9000 -> 9700
BES Admin (BES Express)
@jarbro
Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
ukulele_ninja
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A

Ordered mine from them on black friday and it was free :D
Old 12-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
justin.rucinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulele_ninja View Post
Ordered mine from them on black friday and it was free :D
Nice! I'm assuming you got the free BlackBerry Music Gateway then too? Somehow I managed to get the phone for $9.99 and still keep the Music Gateway...probably going to eBay it and put it towards the cancellation of my iPhone. I'm just hoping I can get some people to use me as a reference so I can get some accessories! Haha.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
dingbat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: t-mobile

Wirelessly posted

This is a joke right? New service only? What's the catch? Of course I will look in to it.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
torberry

Model: 9780
Carrier: Pigeon

Phone only is $449. Makes me feel less idiotic for paying $599 CDN on opening day,
Old 12-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
JG in SB

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
Wirelessly posted

This is a joke right? New service only? What's the catch? Of course I will look in to it.
Absolutely NOT a joke. Yes, I agree it sounded too good to believe but I am really glad I checked it out.

They sent me an E-mail confirmation yesterday that they have already shipped me the handset and provided the FedEx tracking number. My actual price paid was in fact $29.99. I think the deal ended last night at midnight though.

This is an example of why it is good to keep an open mind ;)
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
justin.rucinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
Wirelessly posted

This definitely isn't a joke. I placed my order last night, got my confirmation and tracking number earlier this morning. Even got a credit on my account for the price drop to $9.99! And yes, the prices are different for upgrades/no contract. It was cheaper for me to cancel my iPhone plan (which I've only had since July) and get a new contract than it was to buy the phone outright or extend my contract another two years. The only downside is that I loose my old number, which to me, is definitely worth the deal I am getting on this new Bold.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

$9.99, what an outrage. Don't do it people, you're just going to get hooked on the crackberry. Soon you'll be sleeping next to it and then ignoring your dog and family.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
ukulele_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.rucinski View Post
Nice! I'm assuming you got the free BlackBerry Music Gateway then too? Somehow I managed to get the phone for $9.99 and still keep the Music Gateway...probably going to eBay it and put it towards the cancellation of my iPhone. I'm just hoping I can get some people to use me as a reference so I can get some accessories! Haha.
I did the gateway but I dont know whether or not im going to keep it. Remember that you can get the price on a wireless upgrade too! :D
Old 12-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
justin.rucinski

Quote:
I did the gateway but I dont know whether or not im going to keep it. Remember that you can get the price on a wireless upgrade too! :D
Sweet. I couldn't upgrade actually because I haven't had my contract for enough time. All I know is that it should be here tomorrow and it can't come soon enough! Haha.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
ukulele_ninja

So wait you got it for 9.99 without upgrading??? If so I'm ordering my fiancees tomorrow!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #13
justin.rucinski

Quote:
So wait you got it for 9.99 without upgrading??? If so I'm ordering my fiancees tomorrow!
Haha no way! That'd have been sweet! I just ordered a new line with AT&T. It's $155 to cancel my iPhone line so all together it was still cheaper than buying the phone outright. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if there's anyway I can get my current number on the new Bold so when I cancel the iPhone line I don't lose my number. Don't think its doable, but it's worth a try at least right?

Last edited by justin.rucinski; 12-02-2009 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #14
GoFrogs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&Tingular

I ordered mine as an upgrade on wirefly.com on black friday for $29.99 (no rebates or activation). New contract was free. I just checked today @ wirefly and it is free for new AND upgrades. Unbelievable that a phone this good is free already.

Just a word of caution -- Wirefly messed up my data plan (i'm on a bes). Nothing a call to AT&T couldn't fix. Couple other glitches that could have gone smoother, but all in all, can't beat the 9700 at that price.