Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #1
Knowlys

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default BB Desktop

Please Login to Remove!

I just switched from an 8703e to a 9630 Tour. I have BB Desktop 6.01 running on a Windows 7 PC. The Desktop does not seem to recognize Outlook 2010 when I try to sync and load my calendar etc. It did/does recognize Outlook 2010 on the 8703e using Desktop 6.01. Any suggestions as to how to get Outlook working on the Desktop and hence the 9630 would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: BB Desktop

When you switched to the new BlackBerry, did you configure the sync? Your previous settings were tied to the 8703e. You'll have to configure for the the 9630, if you didn't.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #3
Knowlys

Thank you I did try that and it still doen't seem to find Outlook and offer it as an option.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Ok. But the way I read your post above, the only thing that has changed is the BlackBerry, right? And I understand the newest Desktop Manager works with Outlook 2010, but at any rate is sounded as if you indeed were syncing with the old BlackBerry.

If that's the case, I'm not sure why desktop manager suddenly doesn't see Outlook. I would be uninstalling desktop manager and reinstalling, but I have the feeling there's an easier solution. See what others say on that point.

Also, have you searched yet. I know there are threads on the general issue desktop manager doesn't see outlook. Note many of those in recent past are going to be because of desktop manager lagging Outlook 2010 at one point.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Knowlys

Thank you again ...I have uninstalled and re-installled Desktop Manager as you suggest. (And I am trying to sync the new phone.) I saw a post that suggested you could go into Options (on the BB), then into Default Services, then Calendar (CICAL) and then add Outlook. (Right now under Calendar (CICAL) it shows my e-mail address?!) Once there though I can't figure out how to make the change. Again, any advce would be most appreciated.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I think from your account of your problem, that's potentially another issue. The first problem is that Desktop Manager does not show Outlook as an option in the sync setup, is that right?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Knowlys, I've been trying to find something I remember, sort of, about the issue of Desktop Manager not seeing Outlook, not seeing it when it should, of course. All I can think of is doing a clean uninstall. http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-software.html But I'm not confident that this is the only solution.

The other issue you mentioned is this: Desktop Manager only sync's the default calendar on the device with Outlook. If you only have one email addres, then that is your default and you don't have to worry about it. Maybe that is your case, and there is not other option, and that's why you can't change it. But if you do have multiple email addressess, you need to make sure the default CICAL and the default CMIME are not facebook or desktop or something, and make sure the two are the same address.

But remember, the default CICAL and default CMIME is another issue. You need to setup the sync on the computer to even get that issue.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

..... Another idea, before you do anyting like another uninstall/reinstall: In desktop manager, on the screen where you would select organizer data to synchronize, where you have the two buttons, configure settings on the left, and reset settings on the right..... Did you perhaps try clicking on reset settings just to see if that would shake something loose so that Desktop Manager might then see Outlook? It's a long shot. But try it if you didnt' already.

Another thought is to run a repair on Outlook as well.

Other than that, I'm stumped at the moment.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
paid4c4

Model: 9700
Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

I can't get my 9700 Bold to recognize Outlook either. I've tried everything?
Bill
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
Knowlys

For anyone interested it turns out that Outlook 2010 Home and Professional (and Office 2010 for that matter) commonly comes as what is known as"Office Click-to-Run". This version(?) may prove to be incompatible with the 9630. The solution is to go to office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/click-to-run-switch -to usi. It is here that the instructionsfor switching to MSI-based Office can be found. If you follow the instructions do make a back up copy of Office first! Once installed the MSI version works perfectly with the 9630.

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions earlier.
Closed Thread