Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #1
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT
Default 2 BB's on One PC

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all question:
My wife is ready to upgrade to a BB, the dilema I have is will we be able to run both BB's from 1 pc. We will NOT be sharing any software like Outlook & others. I simply want to only back up each BB and use the pc interfaces. Will I be able to do this?

**I did search fo an answer but most I read addressed the Outlook issue not having 2 BB's on one pc for back up and pc interface.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I have plugged a bunch of Blackberrys other than my own into my (work) PC for Backup and install (via App Loader) without a problem - including OS upgrades. Just be sure to click NO when asked if you want to switch the PIN.

For any syncing, obviously, you'd have to have different profiles for both you and your wife.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
Liv

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I would think having two different profiles may help. Perhaps having two different profiles in outlook as well may fix it.

User her profile on outlook, use her profile on Desktop Mang and sync it. Or If you have XP, wouldn't it be possible to have her log onto her XP account and it sync all of her stuff and yours on yours? I am not sure about this one, but I think it should work...

Device: Sprint 8330 Curve - Crimson
My heart belongs to Seattle18 (Who I met on the Forums, ironic.)
Old 04-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

The Windows XP idea should work. That way the profiles are separate and eliminates any confusion as to whose BB is being synched. I wish I had thought of this.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Nextel User

Model: 8220
Carrier: AT&T

my wife and i use the same logon for our home comp and we created seperate folders in outlook for each of our bb's to sync to. works w/o problems...
Closed Thread