BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #1
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Backing Up Phone, Apps & Data!!!

Please Login to Remove!

BACKING UP: I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I did a search before posting this...

I just got my BB8700g from T-Mobile and I sync using Pocketmac (v3.13) to a Powerbook G4 (OS 10.4.6). Now that I have completely customized my Blackberry by adding new applications, and setting up the phone to show and work the way I want...I am concerned that there is no system to backup my data, applications, and setup. I know the PocketMac folks are working on this, and the ability to install new applications using their software (I spoke with them), but I'm wondering if anyone has found a creative way of backing up the phone's data to another place and then restoring it (i.e. flash drive, etc) for now.

Before I bought the 8700g, I was a longtime Palm user and Mac support on Palm sucked too at the beginning if you all remember. It's important we support all the 3rd party efforts by paying for the use of their software. There are some really good apps out there, and I'm hoping someone is working on a program like Backup Buddy was for Palm.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
bryantom

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

BUMP. Also, what program do I use to install applications on my new BB? I just got it yesterday, and I'm ready to install apps.

- Bryan
Old 06-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
fishmacberry

Model: 8700g

For installing applications onto the BB without a PC you will need to use over the air download (OTA). Some applications can be loaded this way and you just type the web address on your BB internet browser.
For example google maps can downloaded through this web site:
google.com/gmm

Here is another link to killer apps
blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=316
( I am not sure the full link will show since i have not posted enough)
and on this page you will see links to downloading apps to the PC or directly to the BB. Note that most of these have a .jad
Closed Thread