GSR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8707
Carrier: 02
Default Folder Redirection settings on 8707 / Outlook auto-rules

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I've got a 8707 setup on the BES 4.1.

I have rules set up in Outlook, whereby emails are automatically forwarded to subfolders in my Mailbox. By default, these emails which are automatically forwarded to subfolders will NOT show on the BB message list or in the subfolders on the BB.

To get these emails on my BB I have to change folder redirection settings (Message List>Option>Email Settings>Folder Redirection). From here I can select the subfolders which receive automatically forwarded emails.

The problem with this is, these automatically forwarded emails show up on the BB message list and within the subfolders (on the BB). If i delete the email from the message list it will remove it from Outlook and the BB. I don't want these automatically forwarded emails to show on my message list, but i do want them available in the subfolders on the BB. (I've selected HIDE FILED MESSAGES)

The only workaround that I know of is to manually file the email on the message list to the appropriate subfolder.

Has anybody found any betters ways? or does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR
Hi,

I've got a 8707 setup on the BES 4.1.

I have rules set up in Outlook, whereby emails are automatically forwarded to subfolders in my Mailbox. By default, these emails which are automatically forwarded to subfolders will NOT show on the BB message list or in the subfolders on the BB.

To get these emails on my BB I have to change folder redirection settings (Message List>Option>Email Settings>Folder Redirection). From here I can select the subfolders which receive automatically forwarded emails.

The problem with this is, these automatically forwarded emails show up on the BB message list and within the subfolders (on the BB). If i delete the email from the message list it will remove it from Outlook and the BB. I don't want these automatically forwarded emails to show on my message list, but i do want them available in the subfolders on the BB. (I've selected HIDE FILED MESSAGES)

The only workaround that I know of is to manually file the email on the message list to the appropriate subfolder.

Has anybody found any betters ways? or does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
Message List>Option>Email Reconciliation - Select Desktop for Message Services:, and set Delete On to Handheld. This should delete the email from the BB, but not from Outlook.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
GSR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8707
Carrier: 02

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD
Message List>Option>Email Reconciliation - Select Desktop for Message Services:, and set Delete On to Handheld. This should delete the email from the BB, but not from Outlook.
the only problem is that I still want my blackberry to delete from handheld and mailbox for normal messages.
Closed Thread