BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
smokey0066

Model: 7290
Default Is there an updated browser?

Please Login to Remove!

I've noticed more and more of the sites I frequent on my BB are now asking me to upgrade my browser.. A new problem that just arose was from my bank, which I can no longer log into.

Usually it says I'm on explorer 3.0 and I need to upgrade. Is there an upgrade coming from RIM? should I contact them directly about this issue?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

No, there is no updated web browser for the BlackBerry. Contact RIM if you want, but I would't expect much. All mobile device browsers are slimmed down versions of what you can expect to get on a PC. Have you tried Opera Mini? Maybe it will work.

If you want to complain to someone, complain to your bank and ask for mobile compliant access to their site. I doubt that will get you anywhere either. Your bank is more concerned about the security of the site vs gaining access on a mobile device. This is coming from someone who spent the last 5 years working in IT at a large bank.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can try changing the emulation mode. Might help.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
siddharth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700G
PIN: 20480034
Carrier: Airtel

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/149)

Well my bank has a WAP site and allows transactions after punching in a special security code for WAP users. All this for a small annual fee. I used to access this on my Nokia Communicator and now on my BB 8700. Check if your bank has a full-fledged WAP site.

Hey and I pray that they get an updated browser soon. I hope that it allows flash too.
Closed Thread