Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
cavell

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular
Default No wireless recon. for user on diff Domino Server

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have a user who all of a sudden stopped being able to wirelessly reconcile his e-mail. Nothing on my end (where the BES server is and the main Domino serveR) has changed. Although this user is in Europe, and his mail file is located on a different server in our Domino domain. He also is on a different phone network, obviously..

On Monday he was able to plug in his 7100 to the computer and update his e-mails that way, but yesterday and today his secretary has told us that he receives an error message stating that "Your Notes account is not set up on the selected BES". I have his account set up on our BES, and his Mail Server and mailbox locations are set up correctly.

If I go to click on Change Directory Server and choose his mail server (Mail02/Server/Domain) I get "Unable to find Path to Server", but if I type in the IP of the server, everything is good. From Domino Admin, I can run a Trace to that server and connect no problem. We can route mail to that server no problem. Also from a command prompt I can ping the server's dns name.

I'm trying to narrow down what the potential issues could be.. DNS, Domino, BES, his desktop mgr software, etc. With him and his IT support being 7 hours ahead of us it makes it a bit of a pain. Especially with different networks, different mail file locations, and a billion other things.

Any help is appreciated!
Closed Thread