Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO
Talking Newbie 8100 User... Few Questions, If You Can Help

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

You are looking at a brand new pearl 8100 user here. I'm digging the phone and learning new things by the day through this forum. I just picked up my 8100 last week and I want to get some things for it.... so here come the questions....

1. I want to get a bluetooth headset but what should I get? My main concern is voice/audio clarity. I don't really care if the thing is not the smallest, sleekset headset around, what matters most is the voice audio quality

2.I want to protect my new pearl. I've been looking at different cases on ebay and have some across a few questions. First, there have those clear plastic cases that snap on for pretty cheap but... good investment? or waste of time? Basically, how does it look with the clear casing? I'm also have my eyes on the rubber casing at seidio. There's the 9.99 one and the 29.99 one, 30 bucks for a case is kinda steep for me, so does anyone know if the 9.99 is just as good? pro and cons?

3.I'm interested in the best skins ever total body skin. Is there a point of getting this if I plan on eventually getting a protective case? Suggestions?

Thanks for looking and I'm glad to be a part of the 8100 community!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #2
kasperapd
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

1. That's really going to be up to you. Look in the Bluetooth forum and see what others have used and what they say about them

2. I have used the Seidio rubeerized case and thought it was well worth the money. My wife has one of the cheaper silicone type cases, and I don't like it. Attracts lint very easliy.

3. The BSE still is a good idea, because there may be times when you take the phone out of the case and then that may be when you need it the most.

Please try a Search
Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
razorlocs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

1) Ive heard a lot of good things about the jawbone headset, worth looking into. I personally use the motarola h350.are there better headsets out, sure. But for what i paid for it(10$), it hasn't let me down yet.

2) I have a clear case i bought of ebay and its done a great job. I wanted something that would still keep the pearls sleek form factor and allow me to put it in my 5th pocket. This case works great and has saved my phone a few times from falls. you might want to get an extra as a back up and the great thing is the seller has them in diffrent colors. cut and paste this link.
eBay: CLEAR CASE FOR BLACKBERRY 8100 PEARL T-MOBILE CINGULAR (item 290085078509 end time Feb-19-07 10:35:39 PST)

3)BSE is a must in my opinion because it adds that extra level of protection. and it gives an extra snug fit in the clear case. thats my .02$
Old 02-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
DNoble
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 23FE8636
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperapd
1. That's really going to be up to you. Look in the Bluetooth forum and see what others have used and what they say about them

2. I have used the Seidio rubeerized case and thought it was well worth the money. My wife has one of the cheaper silicone type cases, and I don't like it. Attracts lint very easliy.

3. The BSE still is a good idea, because there may be times when you take the phone out of the case and then that may be when you need it the most.
I have seen a lot of good things about the Seido and BSE cases.
Where can I purchase one??
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
esbe02
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: TMO
Question Antenna Booster?!

Thanks for the input everyone! I might go with the clear casing because its affordable and I like the idea that the phone is completely visable unlike leather cases. Question, the link you put up for the clear casing comes with "FREE ANTENNA BOOSTER." I get really crappy reception in my room and does anyone know if it actually works?! I've heard it doesnt... so I want to know what you guys think....
Old 02-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
nuncles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular

I too am curious about other people's experience with the antenna booster. Good? Bad? No Difference?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #7
razorlocs
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

personally i find the antenna boosters to be helpful. I recently got a new type of antenna booster from best buy(its smaller than the standard one), and it got me an extra bar at work. My opinion it cant hurt.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
328iGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I am using the blackberry magnetic case and it works great, once the leather is broken in. I also just got mine a week and a half ago.

I also ordered the new Jawbone (http://www.jawbone.com) headset as it is rated unbelievably well especially for noise cancellation. Highly recommended by most people.

I am also waiting on the BSE Total Body Skin which I ordered last week, so it seems you are going in the direction of most people.
Closed Thread