BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
kdixon

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: US Cellular
Question GPS w/ Voice Prompts Amaze or Nav4All???

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all. I thought i would re-ask this question in english since I now know the options.

Can you give me any info on the differences/benefits of using one free GPS system over another? The two I'm looking at are Amaze and Nav4All.

Which works best? What experiences have you had? How good are the voice prompts? Etc.

You input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 04-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
FF2
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I would suggest that you download them and try them yourself. See what you like or don't like. They are free and experimenting might help you make your decision. I have them both installed but, frankly, have not really used them much. I've been playing more with gpsed, which can track your trip and display it on a website - pretty darn accurate.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #3
Organman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon (unfortunately)

I've had problems with Amaze, especially with VERY long loading times. The best free one so far with spoken directions is Nav4All. I've used it on many trips, even going to Montreal from the US. Directions are incredibly accurate. Program is fast with minimal data useage, if you're concerned with that. AND it stays connected to my bluetooth GPS puck...

Last edited by Organman; 04-15-2008 at 09:48 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
kdixon

Thanks for the information. I did try to download both. My bb said that Amaze didn't have the permissions to be loaded, but Nav4All did let me. It will do anything that doesn't require my current GPS position..which obvioiusly isn't a lot, but it has talked to me and provided directions (not sure how cause it can't fine my GPS coordinates)

ANY IDEA ON HOW TO GET IT TO HIT GPS COORDINATES? I've even tried this outside but it just goes on forever and the process never completes. I would really like to learn to use this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 AM   #5
tornadodivine
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: O2

Whilst we're on the subject on Nav4All (sorry I have no idea how to hit the GPS coordinates, I use a GPS puck and it works without any problems), anyone know anything about the spoken commands? I've downloaded/installed the app and have redownloaded several voice files but it just won't talk to me. I've even made sure that the phone speaker & software are at their loudest but to no avail.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
kdixon

Default Love Nav4All !!

OK so I tried to download both to see which I preferred and no dice. Amaze was not permissioned for me to get. But I could download Nav4All. LOVE IT. It was extremely easy to learn. It navigates with plenty of notice regardless of my speed (which I was concerned about because I drive fast!). The only thing I do not like and it may just be a matter of changing a setting is that if I go off course, the phone displays a "u-turn" icon, but "SHE" does not tell me I'm off course, so until I look down, I don't know that. BUT if I get anywhere near a major roadway and she can get me back on track, she simply does so without hesitation. It constantly recalculates your route to make sure you are accurate and it does so with incredible precision. It's very cool.

Does anyone know if I can set Nav4All to tell me when I've missed something???
Closed Thread