BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 12-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Review: Seidio BlackBerry 83xx Curve Products

Please Login to Remove!

I have had an opportunity to test/review several products from Seidio on other smartphones, including the BlackBerry 8800, but I have had a chance recently to be able to test at length several products from this Houston, TX based company on my new BlackBerry 8310 Curve. I would like to take the time here to give my opinions and personal experiences on them.

*Seidio 2600mAh Extended Battery & Battery Door
*Seidio Rubberized Slim Hard Case
*Seidio Hybrid Slim Hard Case
*Seidio Belt-Clip Holster For The "Skinned" Device

First, lets take a look at the (1) Seidio 2600mAh Extended Battery & Door
2600MAH EXTENDED BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - BACY26BB8300-RBK

Although I would never consider myself a "power user" of my BlackBerry...the idea of having ample battery life for weekend trips and other situations that would keep me away from my usual routine of a nightly charge was a great one to me. After having mixed results from the extended batteries from other companies in the past in various other smartphones, I was a bit cautious and skeptical of this large-capacity battery from Seidio. I am happy to report that my concerns were unfounded, and the product works great! The fit and finish of the battery itself is perfect, as the case with the battery door that fits over the battery itself. To my suprise, the battery/door combo only adds a few millimeters to the thickness of the Curve, and the small "hump" and rubberized coating on the battery cover actually provides better grip and fits most hands more comfortably...making the phone easier to hold. After a full charge (8-hours, or overnight)...I can honestly report a full 72-hours of moderate to heavy use before the low battery alert came on. Amazing!! This is an awesome product for the real "power user" or someone who finds himself/herself on their BlackBerry almost constantly, and needs the confidence of an almost always-available power source.

(2) Seidio Rubberized Slim Hard Case & Hybrid Slim Hard CaseSUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSR2YBB8300-BK
SUPER SLIM HYBRID HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSH2YBB8300-CB

First, let me say that I have never been a fan of any kind of case on my mobile devices. I have always preferred to carry the device "naked", and in a leather belt-clip pouch. However, having used these two cases for the last week or so, I cannot imagine being without a case of this type on my Curve again. I actually reviewed the Rubberized Hard Case previously here and on several other online forums, and had commented on the poor fit & finish of the case...that it did not clip together tghtly, and left "sharp" edges where the top & bottom pieces came together. I am happy to say that Seidio listened to my comments, and those of other forum members and redesigned both of these cases to fit perfectly, with no protruding edges or seams to speak of. The Rubberized Hard Case is made up entirely of a plastic material with a rubberized coating, and totally covers the phone except for the screen, trackball & keypad. Of course, it also has perfectly placed openings for buttons, speaker and microphone. The Hybrid Hard Case shares the rubberized coating on the back piece of the case, while the top peice is made of a crystal clear plastic that shows off the sexy color of your Curve. Personally, I went to great lengths to get my new Red 8310 so I use the Hybrid case exclusively just to show it off! Both cases are excellent, and provide extra "grip" and protection for your BlackBerry.

(3) Seidio Belt-Clip Holster For The "Skinned" Device
CRYSTAL / RUBBERIZED / SKIN CASE HOLSTER FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - HLBB8300ASC

Although the BlackBerry 83xx Curve with either one of the above mentioned cases can be carried in a pant or shirt pocket...Seidio has produced a great holster designed specifically for the "skinned" or cased Curve, that is amazingly effective and versatile. I have used it almost every day for the last week, and can attest to it being sturdy, strong and secure enough to be used on a daily basis without fear of your device shooting out and flying across the room...on onto the ground on concrete, as some other holsters have allowed phones to do in the past. Seidio has designed a clip/spring that is able to hold the device safely and securely, but still provide quick and easy access. It is also very subtle and business-like, but looks just as good with a pair of jeans as it does with dress slacks. The only complaint I have with this product, is that the belt-clip does not grip the belt tightly enough, allowing for too much movement on the belt. I tends to let the holster/phone slide back and forth much more than I would like. I am in hopes that Seidio will incorporate a more secure clip in the future. But, overall it is still a very satisfactory product.

(4) Seidio Ultimate Guard Screen Protector
ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - * SPM1BB8300

With any high-end smartphone like the BlackBerry, especially those with "candybar" forms instead of a flip-type clamshell design...there is always the very real threat of damage to the screen in the form or scratches and nicks from being carried in pockets or just general wear and tear. I am happy that Siedio has introduced a very high-quality product for the 83xx Curve. It is perfectly cut to fit the entire screen of the Curve, and made of a crystal clear. And, here is the best part...the Ultimate Guard is held in place by static cling instead of glue or adhesive or some kind, so it can be removed and easily re-applied if necessary. It also does not leave any sticky residue when removed. If you are a total fumblefingers when it comes to applying screen protectors like me...this is a huge benefit. My Ultimate Guard went on easily and perfectly, and has done the job so far...protecting the screen from damage. Overall, this is a great product and well worth the price.

Seidio continues to be on the cutting-edge of smartphone-exclusive products, being quick to release items for the myriad of devices that pop up almost daily. I have also found them to have great customer service, and a strong presence on several online forums. They seem to truly care about their customers...and are quick to make changes, or do what it takes to satisfy users of their products.

I would recommend Seidio products to anyone looking for quality products for their BlackBerry or any other smartphone device.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
SheepDog
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

seems like apuff peice to me. did you get paid to do this report?

The clips on the holsters are missing an essential rubber peice that keeps the claw from scratching the case. notice that?

The screen protector is not in my view a perfect item and doesnt install without bubbles nor can you take it off to retry easily like others. It uses sticky stuff to stick to the screen unlike others that just stick without it.

every opinion matters but honest brokers are not adverse to both sides I hope?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
Quote:
...every opinion matters...
Hm...

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
poolbizz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: q30
PIN: g
Carrier: metro pcs
Default seidio case or case mate ***PLZ Help ***

anyone out there actually have the seidio holster and or rubber case ???
does the holster actually work well??? does it unclip on its own???

does it work....
or is the Case-Mate BlackBerry Curve Signature Case/Holster Combo , better !!

I don't need it compared in $$$$, just quality & which is better
thanks in advance

Last edited by poolbizz; 12-14-2007 at 09:34 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

The clips on the holsters are missing an essential rubber peice that keeps the claw from scratching the case. notice that?

The screen protector is not in my view a perfect item and doesnt install without bubbles nor can you take it off to retry easily like others. It uses sticky stuff to stick to the screen unlike others that just stick without it.

In reading this I do not see a person who is just hyping the Seidio products but rather a person who is an accessory fan and took the time to write detailed reviews. Look at his past posts and post count- definately not a shill for Seidio.

I would rethink your "puff piece" crack.

Thanks for the reviews davistld01.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Murfunit
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolbizz View Post
anyone out there actually have the seidio holster and or rubber case ???
does the holster actually work well??? does it unclip on its own???

does it work....
or is the Case-Mate BlackBerry Curve Signature Case/Holster Combo , better !!

I don't need it compared in $$$$, just quality & which is better
thanks in advance
I'm a "Case-A-Holic". If there's a case out there worth looking at I've either tried it or have it in one version or another.

Being new to the Blackberry I haven't had time to start my collection in earnest yet but I did have the Seidio skin and holster as well as the CaseMate version for the iPhone,

Both are very good holsters but I give better marks to the Seidio holster for streamlined style and functionality and ease of use. The holster is a good fit while still being easy to use. The CaseMate tends to be very bulky and hard to retrieve the phone in a hurry.

The Seidio is just as secure. I don't clip mine to a belt, rather I put it on the strap of my handbag, where it takes a lot more abuse. I've never had it come lose or detach. Never had the phone pop out.

I just this morning ordered the Seidio skin case and holster for my 8830.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #7
ablickle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

First off, I don't work for Seidio, no financial interest, yada yada yada...

I have the Seidio holster for the "naked" Curve (I think it is called rubberized holster) and I am very happy with it. The clip holds the Blackberry very securely, yet you can still take it out of the holster with one hand. It attaches to my belt very securely and has nice solid "notches" when you swivel it. If I ever lost it, I would replace it immediately.

I also have the Seidio screen protector and again I am very happy with this item. My wife installed it on her BB Curve and after I saw how good it looked, I let her install mine as well. No bubbles, quick and easy installation (based on no complaints from my wife), no problems with it coming off. I honestly have to look at it very closely to see that it is on my Blackberry. I don't think a casual observer would ever see it.

I didn't actually want a screen protector originally since I was concerned about it making the screen look less good in some way, but when I ordered the holster I saw the screen protector was $6 and claimed to be removeable without leaving residue, so I figured at worst I'd be out six bucks. Turned out to be a great item and I would highly recommend it.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
poolbizz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: q30
PIN: g
Carrier: metro pcs

Thanks for the quick reply
fedex, just brought me the rubberized back & case for the 8310, from seidio and I will now place an order for the holster.
Thanks again, Happy Holidays . . . .
Old 12-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

I have the Seidio holster and case combo and I must say that they are excellent products. I am very happy with them both. I had the same type of holster for my Pearl when I had that phone, and I loved it then as well. The holster works great, and has never, in my experience, released the Blackberry without my intent to have it do so. However, when I want to release the phone, that works great and is easy to do.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:

I can promise you that I am not paid by Seidio for these reviews. So, your assumption that this is a "puff piece" is unfounded, but par for the course considering some other comments that you have made in some other posts.

The clips on the holsters are not missing any "essential rubber piece". The clip is designed to be raised before the device is clipped into place. That way...there is no chance of damage. But...being the lazy individual that I am, I have habitually just pressed the phone into the case without the requisite "lifting" of the clip...and have seen no damage to the case or phone. YMMV.

The Ultimate Guard is not perfect...nor is any other product. It can be installed without bubbles or dust particles if you take care in installation, cleaning the screen first and installing in a dust-free environment...like a bathroom with the shower hot water turned on full, so that the dust in the room settles. This method is recommended for any screen protector installation...not just the Seidio one. And...the Seidio product does not use any adhesive...so clearly your opinion is not based on fact (again, not a suprise)...it uses static cling as the "adhesive" so it can be removed and reused as many times as is necessary to please the user. And...because of the non-adhesive property...it does not leave any adhesive residue. Please take the time to actually use a product, SheepDog...before you offer criticism regarding it.

Every opinion matters...but not one from someone that is merely a critcal bystander...and not a genuine user of the product.

Cheers!

Last edited by davistld01; 12-15-2007 at 08:25 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #11
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Please no more flaming in this thread.

Davis, thank you for your time and sharing this review with us.

Last edited by JSanders; 12-15-2007 at 09:16 AM..
Old 12-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #12
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS

davistld01, great review. Although you reviewed Curve accessories, pretty much all of my aftermarket accessories for my 7290,8700 and 8800 have come from seidio. Great product, great company.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 PM   #13
surfandstrum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I just got my hybrid case, holster, battery cover and ultimate screen guard...I placed the order on Saturday and got it today...Great shipping turn around...I had a question if I ordered the right battery cover and e-mailed them...I got a response w/in 24 hours...Great response time...I was still a little leary so I called the toll free number...Great customer service...

I have a Vaja case on order and got this to protect my Curve in the meantime...I have to say that this might become my main case...It's sleek and pretty solid...The mixed texture of the back and front is cool...The speaker holes in the battery cover makes ringtones a lot louder...A major plus that I didn't expect...The holster is smooth and pretty solid too...All in all I'm extremely satisfied with my Seidio experience and with their products...Granted I just got them tonight and have had it on for less than an hour...

There is NFI, just someone with C.A.S. and thought people might like an honest opinion...