Blackberryer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperr View Post

In short: iPhone trying to get Exchange and push email going added with Blackberry trying to improve the browser and media player = two competing devices in two different markets.
No, it just represents two different devices trying to expand their user base in two different markets. They're really not competing with each other that much. It's like Apple's computers - they're really not competing with Windows in that they want majority market share. They just want a big, lucrative piece of it.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #22
sandmanfvr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I agree with Casperr, Blackberries are not just business anymore. The Pearl changed Blackberries and now the Curve has pretty good multimedia capabilities. The iphone is not "an entertainment platform" only. It does entertainment great, better than the rest in some cases, but Blackberries, generic smartphones, and the iPhone are merging into a new category. I don't have a name for it, but now we have all these devices that can do SO MUCH in the palm of our hands, it is amazing. The Sprint Instinct is a KICK ASS piece of equipment, I want to try one. I am on a Blackberry for a data only device, my work pays for my "talk" phone and I will get a new Blackberry, don't know which, but the Sprint Instinct has me tempted to. The iPhone? No. It is great, but the email is lacking and only on ATT.

Anyway, I am rambling. These phones/devices ARE the same, because they are giving users/people, business and non business, the ability to have massive information in the palm of their hands. They all have strengths and weaknesses, it will be interesting to see who "wins". I think the iPhone will not just sweep the competition like many think.
Closed Thread