BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #181
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I've had a similar issue where I've rebooted the handheld and when it comes back, I get no emails from the BES. I remove all service books and try to register a new HRT and it never populates the carrier service books (left it sitting for more than 30 mins). I finally just do a security wipe, reactivate on the BES and I'm good to go for a bit longer.

...usually that coincides with me doing something, such as removing a theme or application or something similar. It's happened to me atleast 2-3 times since getting the 8700g - both .280 and .371 OS's.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 PM   #182
dmoffitt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, i got it (Telstra) working fine, minus Browser. No matter how many times I requested from the handheld or through the RIM site I couldn't get the service books (also tried a few hard-resets). I attempted to make the "hybrid" installation as mentioned above, and now I'm staring down a JVM Error 523 so I'm off to find javaloader.exe to try to wipe it...

UPDATE: fixed that, trying to reload .371 shortly

Last edited by dmoffitt; 05-09-2006 at 08:50 PM..
Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #183
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: pearl
Carrier: tmobile

is there any way to hide the sms message from the home screen?

i hate icons
Old 05-10-2006, 01:03 AM   #184
allenranger2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake.blake
is there any way to hide the sms message from the home screen?

i hate icons
Hold Alt and click the wheel on the SMS envelope. You'll see "Hide App" there.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 05-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #185
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenranger2
Hold Alt and click the wheel on the SMS envelope. You'll see "Hide App" there.
oh, i know that trick. I can not hide my sms icon or message under the voda theme.

this is no good. is there another way to do this?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #186
gogogeoprizm

Model: 7290
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoffitt
Well, i got it (Telstra) working fine, minus Browser. No matter how many times I requested from the handheld or through the RIM site I couldn't get the service books (also tried a few hard-resets). I attempted to make the "hybrid" installation as mentioned above, and now I'm staring down a JVM Error 523 so I'm off to find javaloader.exe to try to wipe it...

UPDATE: fixed that, trying to reload .371 shortly

any luck?

I was using a unlocked 8700c with TMO with the telstra software and couldnt get any data (got email though) I would like to reload the telstra software if I could get data to work
Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #187
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

how about this question:

when i delete a message i keep gettin the 3 options mailbox & handheld, handheld or cancel. Isnt there a general setting to default these?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #188
kd78

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
how about this question:

when i delete a message i keep gettin the 3 options mailbox & handheld, handheld or cancel. Isnt there a general setting to default these?
When in your message list, click on trackwheel and go to OPTIONS. Then go to EMAIL RECONCILIATION. From there you can default the action to take when delete is pressed. You will have to set the action for each of your Message Services.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #189
blake.blake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd78
When in your message list, click on trackwheel and go to OPTIONS. Then go to EMAIL RECONCILIATION. From there you can default the action to take when delete is pressed. You will have to set the action for each of your Message Services.
its'a not'a there
Old 05-10-2006, 03:21 PM   #190
huol

Model: 8300

Same here, when I go to email reconciliation, there is nothing.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #191
whoscalling

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

same here (BIS)
Old 05-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #192
allenranger2

Model: 8700g

Quote:
oh, i know that trick. I can not hide my sms icon or message under the voda theme.

this is no good. is there another way to do this?
My apologies. Unfortunately I know of no other way.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #193
bperkins

Model: 9000

After upgrade I too was without the reconcile now option. I called up Cingular and they made a few changes and after a reboot it was back.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #194
backbeat
No longer Registered.

Model: 8700G

Glad to say that I ran the Telstra update without incident. The only quirk I found during the install is that you're asked to choose whether to perform a backup (between Step-7 and 8, if I remember right ) which seemed odd since a backup had just been done prior to the process, as per Seattle18's instructions. Chose to allow the backup, and finished the install and performance has been great since. No lags or other anomalies. Nice to have the new themes too.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #195
gogogeoprizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by spblat
In the week since I installed 4.1.0.309 I've had to reboot once or twice. Symptom: "EDGE" indicator lit as normal, but none of my apps get data. Google Maps and Browser for example can't connect, and I get no new messages in my inbox. Then I either hard reboot or turn wireless off then on, and the logjam is broken.

Anyone else experiencing this? Do we think this is a) a T-Mo issue unrelated to 309; b) a bug or incompatibility in the Telstra code; or c) who knows?
had the same issue and am about to try to do the upgrade to telstra after going back to the cingular release for a while. (I have a 8700c unlcoked on TMO)

When I view the summary of the upgrade right before it starts it says :

Unrecognized modules that will be removed:
net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme10
net_rim_bb_browser_lib_large
net_rim_bb_browser_lib_large_color

any clue if this could be related to the data problems?

thanks everyone
this forum rocks!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #196
gogogeoprizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogeoprizm
had the same issue and am about to try to do the upgrade to telstra after going back to the cingular release for a while. (I have a 8700c unlcoked on TMO)

When I view the summary of the upgrade right before it starts it says :

Unrecognized modules that will be removed:
net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_pme10
net_rim_bb_browser_lib_large
net_rim_bb_browser_lib_large_color

any clue if this could be related to the data problems?

thanks everyone
this forum rocks!

Did the upgrade anyways. It works this time. I suggest if you couldn't get telstra to work the 1st time you try again. seccond time was the charm for me
Old 05-12-2006, 11:11 PM   #197
dlsolo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

I just installed it about 2 hours ago and I can tell a difference already. I'm a happy camper! It worked on the first try!
Old 05-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #198
spblat

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spblat
In the week since I installed 4.1.0.309 I've had to reboot once or twice. Symptom: "EDGE" indicator lit as normal, but none of my apps get data. Google Maps and Browser for example can't connect, and I get no new messages in my inbox. Then I either hard reboot or turn wireless off then on, and the logjam is broken.

Anyone else experiencing this? Do we think this is a) a T-Mo issue unrelated to 309; b) a bug or incompatibility in the Telstra code; or c) who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
For anyone with an issue such as yours (network, bluetooth, etc) that was not present with the stock T-Mobile 4.1.0.280 release, just as a suggestion (I have NOT tried this myself), you may want to reinstall the T-Mobile software (leave the Telstra software installed) and use its radio/platform file in a hybrid installation with the Telstra OS.

- Delete Vendor.XML from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (VERY important)

- Go into the T-Mobile installation directory then the GPRS folder and copy the rim8700g.sfi file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.284_P2.0.0.120\GPRS

- Go back to the Telstra installation directory and then GPRS folder and rename the current rim8700g.sfi file to rim8700g.old and paste the T-Mobile version in there:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.309_P2.0.0.133\GPRS

- Open up Desktop Manager then Application Loader; select the second option ("Replace the device's applications...") and click Next - you will notice that the System Software 4.1 has 'Downgrade' next to it

This should give you back the radio/network code from the T-Mobile release while keeping the Telstra OS and all of its wonderful new additions. Again, I have NOT tested this outside of verifying the instructions above (I didn't move on through with the downgrade as I'm not having issues).
This is a pretty old thread, but I suggest no one else try the above. I got an unbootable 8700g (JVM error 523) after trying this experiement. I'm sure I'll be fine after I clean up and reinstall Telstra.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #199
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Yes, it fried my bb also, had to do a clean wipe, and reinstall of the os

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 05-21-2006, 10:48 PM   #200
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by huol
Same here, when I go to email reconciliation, there is nothing.
I had a problem after installing Bharti (I think for the 4th time) where I lost the Reconcile Now menu command and also the Email Reconciliation options. I called up Rogers tech support and they solved it easily. It seems that the service had been turned off. They had me delete a service book on my Blackberry then they sent me another.
Note that I could not have solved this myself; they had to turn the feature back on. No idea why or how it got turned off.
Closed Thread