BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #181
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Since I don't quite understand the relationship between the WAP and BES browsers, this may be a dumb question but the biggest problem I have with PocketDay is that it seems to insist on using my BES connection for updates even though I have the default browser set to my WAP connection. Since I have to log into my BES server every so often, I do not get automatic weather/stock updates unless I go and do a manual connection to my BES browser and enter the password (which will work for some amount of time before it wants it again). The Cingular browser is always active and would be a better choice but I do not know how to force it to go there. Any way to do this?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #182
bgate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

After the countless good comments, I downloaded and am testing. Looks to be a great application (I think that has been said in here). Couple of issues:

1. It shows 2 missed calls from 3/9 (today is 3/22). It will properly show missed calls from today and there are more missed calls in the log. I have tried to remove those from PD and can't, suggestions?

2. I have 4 reoccuring appointments and one scheduled lunch appointment (in the future). PD shows no appointments for today. I know there are issues with the reoccurring appts. But why is nothing showing up? (I get No Appointments-java.lang.l... error).

I am running the 7250 on Verizon. Thanks in advance!
Brent
Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 AM   #183
harleyxlc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

Mark is looking into issue #2 as I get that same message in the week view for every other week.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 AM   #184
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Mark,

Do I still need the pdUTILS app now that the app is one single file? I have version 1.61 on my BB7100t.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #185
RSouthern
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T
Default recuring appts

Mark,

I'm sure you're working hard on resolving this issue, but I thought I'd check anyway

Any ETA on when the recurring appointments will show up in the calendar and appt views? This problem is (so far) the only major problem I have encountered in my few days of use. I have a ton of ideas about features (like user color selection for calendar events etc), but getting the major functioality down first is more important.

thanks for your efforts on this great program!

-Richard
Old 03-22-2005, 08:15 PM   #186
crs
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

All,

Recurring apps should properly show up in the today agenda view. Week view doesn't work yet as the BB developer tools don't support this, but I'm trying to work around it.

Bratag...PDUtils is an integral part of PD. The PD About screen (menu/about) shows the version #'s for both PD and PDUtils (at least version 1.671 and above do). The OTA download actually installs both for you.

ahovis...you can try the wap settings by changing the PD internet Type setting to direct, but your BES admin may have firewalled or blocked this.

bgate...get rid of the old missed calls using the native email app. Go to menu/folders then missed calls and clean them out. All should be in sync then.

Sorry to answer so many in one reply, but I'm travelling this week.

Mark
Old 03-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #187
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Gracias
Old 03-23-2005, 12:48 AM   #188
bgate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mark,

The "cleaning" worked for the past missed calls, thank you - still strange they showed up though...

But, the appointment issue is still there. I get the error either way. I currently have 3 reoccuring appts and one single instance appointment and my summary screen shows "0" and my agenda view shows the java error. If I skip ahead a couple of days, I get the same reoccuring appts and appropriate single instance appts. Any clues?

Also, I think it has been mentioned before, but is there a way to put a voicemail notification on the summary screen? Maybe we could lose the email message counter and the vmail indicator could reside under the email indicator?

And... What about hard coding the stock watcher to only poll for stock updates during exchanges hours M-F (maybe plus an hour to catch lag times)? (For those of us concerned about battery life.)

Thanks for your hard work.
Brent
Old 03-23-2005, 09:22 AM   #189
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
All,

ahovis...you can try the wap settings by changing the PD internet Type setting to direct, but your BES admin may have firewalled or blocked this.

Mark
Mark,
Tried the direct settng but no go. Get a tunnel error on the stock and no update on the weather. I do have a question as to why this will not work as I am also running Hadmark's Pocket Express and it is able to update all the items it covers (including weather and stocks) anytime via my WAP connection. Seems if this can work that PocketDay could as well.

Once again, I want to suggest the Voice Mail icon is important to have on the main PocketDay screen if possible.
Thanks again for a wonderful addition to the BB

Last edited by ahovis; 03-23-2005 at 09:37 AM..
Old 03-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #190
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere in this thread, I didn't have the time to go completely through it. I would like to point out one issue I would like to see resolved. The PocketDay opening view (summary or expanded) gives you a count of the number of unread emails as well as a message count at the top of the screen. My issue is that those counts are not adjusted when you go to the message and chose to Mark Opened. Any ideas?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #191
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Have not seen this reported but may have missed it. If I go to the month view and then use the alt key to jump to the year and then try to go to the date with the alt key pressed, I get an uncaught exception error. Just a bug report.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:46 PM   #192
crs

dkmadrid.

I'll check into this issue.

ahovis...sorry I have responsed, been travelling. There's currently no way to get the voicemail indicator, the BB developer tools have no access to this. The bug I'll deal with in the next version.

Mark
Old 03-28-2005, 01:23 PM   #193
Dennis See

Model: 7250

I am using a 7250 on Telus and I cannot seem to get me weather to come up. It just sits at java.io.IOExceptions: Bad DNS Address. Help. I just downloaded this application and it seems really great. I love the Backlight Settings.

Dennis
Old 03-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #194
crs

Dennis,

Are you a corporate BES user? If not, you may not be able to get it going through Telus at the present time.

See this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185

Mark
Old 03-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #195
Bratag
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mark - I know its an ask but could you put a plugin in for alarm - or maybe an indicator. Its nice to be able to see when my alarm is set for when I travel.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:45 PM   #196
Dennis See

Model: 7250

Mark,

No I am not on a BES.

Dennis
Old 03-28-2005, 04:25 PM   #197
big ted

quick question about the weather portion. I assume this information gets all pulled from weather.com? It is strange that weather.com reports something totally different than what is showing on the blackberry for the 3 day forcast. The current conditions is always correct, but the Today, Tuesday, Wednesday are way off from what www.weather.com says.

For example. Current conditions for zipcode 74003 are 74degrees and Sunny, but the Today H/L shows 49/45 with 80% rain????? Very odd, it is like it is pulling a totally different zip code or something?

Any ideas?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:41 PM   #198
ahovis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Mark,
Notice the new version of BBLight (1.81) has the ability to turn on the backlight when ever the user moves the trackwheel or uses the device. This is a nice feature which maybe could be added to PocketDay as well.

I have also noticed some extended weather weirdness as well. Not sure what exactly is going on.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:00 AM   #199
bgate
Thumbs Must Hurt

Regarding the weather, have you changed locations lately? I noticed a similar issue, but it was after I changed locations. I figured it was a cache thing as it cleared itself eventually.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:30 AM   #200
CyberJack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT Wireless

I have a 7100t and can not get rid of the "123" in the upper corner either. Is there anyway to get rid of this? I have also tried to remove and reinstall with no luck.

Joe
Closed Thread