Old 08-03-2007, 06:12 PM   #221
Rev. Po-Jay
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalover89 View Post
Is anyone having trouble with bbweather? When I try to add my zip code I can never hit the ok button. Nothing happens. I try to get to a menu but it just says empty menu. I'm able to cancel but not hit ok. This is only when I try to add a new location. When I try to edit the current empty location it freezes. Any insight to this problem is much appreciated.
I tried loading it and it failed upon opening. I deleted it and spent more time customizing my ColorPearl trackball!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:28 AM   #222
djxedxd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue
Carrier: Verizon
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter View Post
Incorrect, only the 8830 (CDMA) and 8820 (in UK so far) have A2DP but the TMO and AT&T base 8800 does not yet support A2DP. They are waiting for 4.2.2 to come out just like us Pearl users.

On that note, I have the S9s paired up just fine with my device but it only works for phone calls and mono with Dollar5 mediaplayer. Not much use to me as a mono device.
has anyone else gotten the s9's to connect with this OS or is it just my phone screwin up my blue tooth wont even pair with my girls pearl to just try to send picks ????????
And i just bought the s9's hoping this new os would be compatible with it.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:06 PM   #223
aky

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido

Do i just install this OS, dont i need the one specific to my provider (Rogers)???
thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 02:34 AM   #224
jrbrown

Carrier: Cingular
Default New Blackberry User

Please forgive me if I am in wrong area here. I am new to the Blackberry and have I am sure messed up some of the software on my Pearl. I am unable to view any of the photo's I have taken on this device. I can navigate and see the thumnails of the photo images, but when clicking on them there is an error message that states "unable to display the /MediaCard/Blackberry/pictures/camera/imb.00001jpg

I also messed up something with the Help application so that when I try to open it I get an error message stating that was unable to open the help module.

Not sure when all this started, but at one point I did a "wipe data" when in the options application. I haven't backed up anything so far as I am just getting started. I think that it will be necessary to reinstall the core software, but not sure when to locate here or at the blackbery home site.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #225
PearlRacer

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by djxedxd View Post
has anyone else gotten the s9's to connect with this OS or is it just my phone screwin up my blue tooth wont even pair with my girls pearl to just try to send picks ????????
And i just bought the s9's hoping this new os would be compatible with it.
I am running 4.2.1.96 and my Pearl pairs up fine with the S9's.

BUT I WANT MY A2DP!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #226
phantom76

Carrier: Rogers

I have a question about updating the OS on my Pearl, is it safe to install this update even though it didn't come from my provider? Or should I wait and see when a update is able to be downloaded from my provider's website?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #227
PearlRacer

Model: 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
I have a question about updating the OS on my Pearl, is it safe to install this update even though it didn't come from my provider? Or should I wait and see when a update is able to be downloaded from my provider's website?
According to the post over on another forum not only is it safe but it is better than the Roger's OS. Just noticed your carrier.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #228
phantom76

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlRacer View Post
According to the post over on another forum not only is it safe but it is better than the Roger's OS. Just noticed your carrier.
Just upgraded my os tonight, so far so good, runs well to this point at least. Seems to have a little more zip to it.. Well see what the next few days brings
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #229
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Just noticed in the BB Dimension Today Theme that when you go to the messages page, it shows "Searching for Network" instead of "T-Mobile". When you exit and go back to the applications page, T-Mobile shows back up.

The radio signal didn't change strength or type (edge, EDGE, ...)

I hope that whoever made this, reads this board for bugs. I think they probably do. Just lurking.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #230
Rev. Po-Jay

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post
Just noticed in the BB Dimension Today Theme that when you go to the messages page, it shows "Searching for Network" instead of "T-Mobile". When you exit and go back to the applications page, T-Mobile shows back up.

I hope that whoever made this, reads this board for bugs. I think they probably do. Just lurking.

Funny that you mentioned this! I just noticed mine doing the same thing. I did a battery pull and it fixed the issue. I also tested out the Soft Reset, but that was overkill. Pull your battery for a few seconds and you will (should be) fine.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #231
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

I was gonna add that after changing to another theme and going back, that it reflected the correct information.

Also, for those of you interested in GPS stuff, Mapquest Navigator had turn by turn info coming through the BT headset. Problem was it was cutoff at the beginning when it was opening the audio connection to the headset.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #232
royc2008

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Am on my 10th phone 4 drop calls with the 8100 tmo
Old 08-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #233
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post

This has been an issue in the last few OS releases.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #234
claykin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

I'm getting the feeling that RIM has lost interest in supporting the 8100. The availability of new versions of the OS are slowing and old bugs are still evident even in the 4.2.1.x versions. I wonder if they'll ever get the 8100 right.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:47 PM   #235
John Clark
BBF Moderator

4.2.1.101 is the latest version for many of the handhelds. It's the latest for the 8100, 8800, and 8700. My guess is we won't see too much more in the 4.2.1 line. I'm guessing (and it's just a guess, nothing more) the next updates will be 4.2.2 or even 4.3.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #236
John Clark
BBF Moderator

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...-3-leaked.html

This post may shed some light.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #237
claykin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Thank you. That is very helpful to understand what is coming. Hopefully, a reliable OS will make it to the 8100 before I'm ready to mothball it for one of these new ones!
Old 08-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #238
jdelgado89

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post

Uh, since they are comming with the Perl 2, I guess that will mean BB will stop releasing new OS's for the Perl. I know that something was comming because I got my Perl for $99 after rebate.

Thanks
jdelgado89
Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #239
SherT

Model: 8320
PIN: I prefer staples!
Carrier: T-Mo
Angry Help!!!

I was downloading fine and then "somehow" my phone got unplugged and now its BLANK!!! I tried to remove the battery which was probably a mistake but its still blank. When I restarted the program it made me check my own programs.

Is my phone ruined now??

AUGH!!!! Im so mad! lol

Any advice???

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #240
Spectral
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 23FA9743

Your phone's fine. You can try reinstall the OS, or if that fails, wipe with JL_Cmder first. You can then restore your backup.
Closed Thread