BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 AM   #261
starscream2009

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default help!

Please Login to Remove!

ok i have followed every single instruction on javaloader n jl cmder and nothing i keep getting unable to open port ive tried every usb on my notebook computer thats running on vista ive tried the home pc with xp and still unable to open port the whole system doesnt even detect anything connected to any usb can someone help me out?
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #262
gcendres

Model: 8310
Carrier: bouygues

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher View Post
Your BlackBerry is not loading enough before rebooting. You can wipe the device but you got to do it at just the right moment. JL_Cmder is not going to allow you to send the wipe command fast enough so you will have to do it from the command line.

Open a command line and change the directory to C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder. Type javaloader.exe -u wipe. Press enter to submit the command. Press the up arrow and enter over and over again. Eventually the command should be taken and you can load the OS again and start from there.

Good Luck.
please send me JL_Cmder
Old 04-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #263
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please don't ask this question again. You can download it in the first post of this thread.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #264
grumpy54

Carrier: alltel

on the command line it says (documents and settings \john doe

how do I change ( delete) this part so it is just C:\ ?

Im new at this stuff
Old 04-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #265
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Type cd\ then hit Enter.
Type cd "program files\JL_Cmder" then his Enter.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #266
Eug_Tech

Model: 8300
Carrier: O2
Unhappy Error 507 persists

Hi,

I have learned more about the BB in the last two days than in the last two years! I received an 8120, which unfortunately I nuked hoping to rebuild, but the rebuild didn't work. The 507 error remains on screen and I have used the jl_cmder and javaloader (with switches) to wipe, reset, reload files, etc. At the moment, all the .cod files are actually on the defice, but it doesn't seem to boot up. What's missing?

I'm attaching the files that might mean more to you guys than myself. I seem to be missing some kind of boot file or sequence?

Great thread!
Attached Files
File Type: txt myBlackBerry.txt (15.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: txt EventLog.txt (119.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: txt DeviceInfo.txt (3.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #267
d_fisher

The 507 error just means your OS is hosed and you need to reinstall it. Download the OS and install it to your PC. Then use AppLoader to install it to your device. Should take 30 minute or less.

or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #268
cjcarbone
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: K PANTHER
Carrier: ATT

My problem is i have a 543 error, i use a command line loader.exe /nojvm and it connects to my 8320, and then i wipe it with JL_Cmdr, and get the 507.

Perfect, no OS, exactly what i wanted. Reload the Chinese OS 4.2.2.184 , and after it loads up, i get the 543 error again.

I have also deleted the vendor.xml file, and put it back to the way i downloaded. i have it on my 1st 8320, i am downloading the TMo 4.2.2.180 to see if that helps.
What should i do from here?

I keep getting FATAL ERROR[[J:0x00000005]

And then it either goes into a reboot cycle or JVM 543

Last edited by cjcarbone; 04-17-2008 at 04:41 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #269
Eug_Tech

Question 507 error

Hey Doug,

Thanks, but I tried everything. The device is completely unresponsive and I keep getting 507 only. I used a 'virgin' PC today (no BlackBerry software installed on it, ever, then installed the latest Desktop Manager and BlackBerry OS from the vendor (O2 UK). I followed every instruction I could find online, but whenever I use the Apploader, a message appears stating that either the OS or mail app could not be installed because of missing files.

So I thought I'd cheat and copy all files manually. I created a batch file and copied all .cod files in the relevant loader directory manually. Despite the BB restarting a few times with the eggtimer showing (I was hopeful), it ended up showing the 507 error every time. All the apps are on the BB now, it just doesn't boot. I can't find anything to tell me what makes it boot, etc.

Any more suggestions? I REFUSE to believe the device is faulty, lol. I'm determined to see it LIVE!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:53 PM   #270
d_fisher

@ Eug_Tech
I don't think a simply copy of the files will work. Use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and try reloading once again. Make sure the OS if for your specific model. Carrier doesn't matter but if from a different carrier you will need to delete or rename the vendor.xml file.

@ cjarbone
Not sure what to tell you. Sounds like you have done everything already. Maybe try a different OS. Just make sure you getting the one that matches your specific model. If all else fails can you take it back for a warranty exchange?

or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by d_fisher; 04-17-2008 at 06:59 PM..
Old 04-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #271
rjfoo

Carrier: t-mo

trying to load a cod, how do you do it with jl_cmder...im lost
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #272
sad_shadow

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TELCEL

hi doug, i messed up with my 8700g :S i installed a theme and it keeps rebooting, i have tried using the -u wipe option but it shows me the
RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80004004)
Error: unable to open port

My carrier is mexican (TELCEL) and I guess they don't have any idea of having the OS from the vendor, what can i do?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #273
Eug_Tech

The original 8120 appears to be very dead. I've been given a new one and provisioned it ok, have been using javaloader to add custom themes etc., great program! I have noticed though that the apps for Wi-Fi are missing from this device and the GPS isn't working. I ran a dir command and compared the modules on the handheld with the modules in the OS from our provider and there are loads missing! Any suggestion/idea why?
Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #274
John Clark
BBF Moderator

PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_shadow View Post
hi doug, i messed up with my 8700g :S i installed a theme and it keeps rebooting, i have tried using the -u wipe option but it shows me the
RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
Copyright 2001-2007 Research In Motion Limited
Connecting to device...debug: COM error during Open: (0x80004004)
Error: unable to open port

My carrier is mexican (TELCEL) and I guess they don't have any idea of having the OS from the vendor, what can i do?
You're going to need to reload the OS. JL_Cmder isn't going to work in this case either. Use this method:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 04-23-2008, 03:23 PM   #275
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eug_Tech View Post
The original 8120 appears to be very dead. I've been given a new one and provisioned it ok, have been using javaloader to add custom themes etc., great program! I have noticed though that the apps for Wi-Fi are missing from this device and the GPS isn't working. I ran a dir command and compared the modules on the handheld with the modules in the OS from our provider and there are loads missing! Any suggestion/idea why?
What wifi apps are you referring to? Wifi is built in to the 8120. However, GPS is NOT built in to the 8120. There is no GPS on the 8120. You'll need a bluetooth puck.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:39 AM   #276
sad_shadow

Model: 8700g
Carrier: TELCEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
You're going to need to reload the OS. JL_Cmder isn't going to work in this case either. Use this method:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ
John Clark

Damn AWESOME, that recomendation worked perfectly!!!!, I took it to the service center back here where I lived and the idiots of the place told me they couldn't do "anything to it because it was WET" (due to a little sticker at the left bottom that was red) and because of that it was IMPOSSIBLE and the device was USELESS, come on they just didn't had the brains to do such thing. THANX from the bottom of my heart. and I send you a mexican expression to thank you: "JOHN ERES UN CABRÓN" wchich means you're damm good. Thankyou VERY MUCH.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #277
eshep

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel

I cannot get my 7100i to go off the 102 screen, it does have a locked password that I don't know and I am not able to see where it momentarily is displaying pw in the javaloader screenshot after doing option 4 'wipe. My laptop does tell me that it recognizes the HH so I am a bit complexed at the moment. Any help appreciated, thank you.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #278
fsanc004

I unlocked a BB pearl 8100 which was for at&t and using it for tmobile. What can I use in order to erase everything on the phone and install the Handheld Software & Desktop Manager Software from the tmobile upgrade site? Or what should I do?
Old 05-06-2008, 06:34 PM   #279
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Welcome to BBF. There should be no need to change the software on the BB. If it's unlocked then it should work just fine on TMobile.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #280
fsanc004

How come when I unplug the charger the phone freezes and I have to take the battery out and turn it on? All the at&t logos will stay?