BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 PM   #321
Manolo

Default Mobile Phone Desktop...

Please Login to Remove!

The Tools/Media Center menu is grayed out for me. I might be able to get someone with the proper phone to connect to it and get it to show up, but how are you folks getting the WAV's and MP3's converted with this software?

Thanks,

Last edited by Manolo; 08-09-2005 at 02:06 PM..
Old 08-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #322
ITGuyfromHELL

Model: 7100t
Carrier: T-Mobile

Same problem as Manolo above. The Media Center option is greyed out in the newest version of Phone Tools. I tried to run mmcenter.exe from the Mobile Phone Tools directory, but I cannot select any of my converted .wav files. I think this new version makes you have a phone registered before it works properly.

ITGuyfromHELL
Old 08-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #323
pharma1
Thumbs Must Hurt

What version are you guys running? I have the 2.20(h) verison and it allows you to cancel the phone selection and then go to the Media Center.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM   #324
delori

Model: 7100
PIN: 00000
Carrier: AT&T

Just downloaded it today and I have 3.25...

I can't get it to work either.

Can someone post 2.2 on their download site?

Thanks,
Old 08-10-2005, 11:16 AM   #325
Manolo

Default Update

I grabbed 1.23 from http://www.free.cz/motorola/ along with the 2.2 update. I needed to do the liveupdate to 3.11 at least to get it to show adp as a Save As option. Now I just get 0 byte adp files and spordaic program crashes.

I am going to jump back in now to get it working...

** Update to the update **

Nope, no go on that. As soon as you get to 3.19, you need a Motorola cell phone connected to get any output files.

Can someone please post a link to the original Philips software in the FAQ?

Last edited by Manolo; 08-10-2005 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #326
cjoshdoll

Model: 7100g

Twould appear that http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/c/c...p2_ics_eng.zip is the older version.

If you have other versions installed that do not work, make sure and uninstall them and deoete the prog files/mobile phone tolls directory and restart before installing again.

-edit-

You guys need a rep system here. This took about an hour of searching to find. I had to go to the root of the phillips downloads directory and go through each directory and download packages and test.

Last edited by cjoshdoll; 08-10-2005 at 04:32 PM..
Old 08-10-2005, 04:13 PM   #327
gaspin

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

help! It appears that the multimedia center is not installed/not present in this package. The Menu|Tools|Multimedia center menu option is disabled :(
Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #328
gaspin

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

please ignore my dumbass post ... need to read the entire thread ...
Old 08-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #329
Manolo

Thanks so much cjoshdoll!

Gaspin: Just go to Menu, Tools and Multimedia center.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #330
cjoshdoll

Also 2 more tips, well 1.5, dont know if they have ever been posted here, I am new here, basically on account of this thread.

To get the link to your device you can use aol instant messenger. open a new IM windwo and send to +1{phonenumber} where {phonenumber} is the 10 digit number of your device. Then paste the file link and send. This will send a text message to your device with the link, you can then highlight the link and it will go straight to the fille. No more typing in the link or cut and paste from an email.

This will work for your adp files, as well as normal ringtones. If you find a midi tone on the web you like, copy the link to the file (must be the actual file, not a page containing the file) and send it to your device with AIM. If you find one that you cant link to, save the .mid to your computer, and then upload to a hosting service. Once uploaded send the link to your device.

This is only verified with ATT/Cingular and the 7100g. Dont know what other carriers and devices this may or may not work with.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:45 PM   #331
cjoshdoll

Exclamation

Step by step to making IIS (internet information server) work with this:

This is based on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server, your setup may vary.

Open computer management (Start>control panel>administration tools>computer management)

Expand the Services and Applications in the left pane (click on the +)

Select Internet Information Services

Select the Action drop down menu from the top of the window

Select Properties

Click the Edit button listed in the bottom half of the screen under Configure MIME map

Click the New Type

In the associated extension box type in adp

In the content type (MIME) type in audio/adpcm

Click the ok button

Click the ok button

Click the apply button, then the ok button

The Internet Information Services should still be highlighted in the computer management screen (if it isnt, click on it)

Click the action menu at the top

Select Restart IIS

Once restarted upload the file to your server, send the link to your device, and enjoy your ringtone.

I think someone posted it, but if you need a VERY simple no frills script for uploading the files to your server, let me know.

Verified to work in IIS 5.0 on Windows Advanced Server 2000 and a BB 7100g on Cingular/AT&T 8/10/2005.

If you need Windows/IIS help, let me know.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #332
r-n-r

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

All of you are way over my head with this technology. I've been reading for about an hour and still haven't figured out if this is even possible or not. Is there any chance I could send one of you good people a wav file to convert into something I can load into a 7520 for a ringtone??

TIA,
Bill
Old 08-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #333
dagard

what it do man, i need ur assitance n getting this program to work. do i really need that Philips version or is thur another 1 i can sub 4 it. holla back
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #334
cjoshdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by r-n-r
All of you are way over my head with this technology. I've been reading for about an hour and still haven't figured out if this is even possible or not. Is there any chance I could send one of you good people a wav file to convert into something I can load into a 7520 for a ringtone??

TIA,
Bill
I am willing to take a look at it for you, and see what I can do. email me at

cjoshdoll at gmail.com
Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #335
cjoshdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagard
what it do man, i need ur assitance n getting this program to work. do i really need that Philips version or is thur another 1 i can sub 4 it. holla back
AFAIK there is no other commercially available program to convert files to the OKI ADP format. You might be able to find a "hood ghetto" language pack for it though.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #336
davelissa

Unhappy You've Got No Mail...

I have some ring tones I made up that I've uploaded to http://homeworkus.com/mobile. You guys may like the UGotMail...different from the standard "You've Got Mail" that we're all sick of. Comments welcome.

I'm having a problem. I had to reinstall 4.0.2 on my phone 7100t. It's a long story why and I'm sure you guys have something better to read on a Monday afternoon. The problem I have is that .adp files are not playing - they're appearing as ASCII or whatever it normally is. I don't think there's a problem with my site (you may be able to confirm it).

I just re-loaded 3.8 and it still doesn't work. I'm going to load up 4.0.2 to see there's any change.

Any ideas, anyone, why?

Regards,
Dave

Edited: Ok, found out what the problem is...server is not serving as sound file. Now I have to find out what happend....back to the drawing board...

Last edited by davelissa; 08-15-2005 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: Found out problem
Old 08-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #337
slug

I registered just to thank Lucky Luciano thanks alot for all you have done and to the others that contributed to this project very cool.

THANK YOU!!

-Pete
Old 08-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #338
darakaye

Exclamation How do I download ADP files to my phone?

I downloaded the adp file..then I tried to load it on my phone by using my application loader...but its not working...nothing recognizes the.adp file.....any help would be appreciated!
Dara
Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #339
bigred
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100r
Carrier: Rogers

Using v3.11h of the Mobile PhoneTools I can see the Microsoft PCM file I've created that is less than 15seconds long. I select it in the Melody Studio and "Save As" filename.adp but the file that gets saves is 0 bytes... Any suggestions?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 PM   #340
slug

darakaye,

from what ive gathered from reading all of this you can not download the .adp file onto your computer then up load it to your phone via desktop mgr. you have to either

create the .adp file
upload it to a web site,
create the .htaccess file, so that your server knows how to handle the .adp file, put it in the same directory as the .adp file
get on you bb and browse to that specific location
(it will play the .adp) then you save it
Done!

Or the easy way is to

Create the .adp
upload it to Lucky Luciano's website
then hop on your bb and navigate to his site
DONE !!

Good luck

If you need more info read the whole thread it has been discussed to death it seems
Closed Thread