BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 AM   #361
SEB152030

Model: 8100
Carrier: orange
Default pearl browser without BES

Please Login to Remove!

HI
I'have a pearl without bes on my provider but data plan.

I put the correct adress on tcp and I can acces to internet but only with opera.

Because no service book the BB Browser do not appear .... and i can't download because it need the bb browser.

(because I want to install "Yahoo Go")

do you have an idea to unlock BB Browser ?

thanks
jseb
Old 03-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #362
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB152030
HI
I'have a pearl without bes on my provider but data plan.

I put the correct adress on tcp and I can acces to internet but only with opera.

Because no service book the BB Browser do not appear .... and i can't download because it need the bb browser.

(because I want to install "Yahoo Go")

do you have an idea to unlock BB Browser ?

thanks
jseb
I am in the same situation. I found a way to invoke the BB browser but it failes to connect. as far as i know, it needs the service book.

your best bet is to install using the desktop program. Not sure what Yahoo Go is but i was able to install Gmail, Mail by Google, Opera, JiveTalk and GMAPS this way and they work greay.

Can not do OTA unfortunately.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:47 AM   #363
SEB152030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl
I am in the same situation. I found a way to invoke the BB browser but it failes to connect. as far as i know, it needs the service book.

your best bet is to install using the desktop program. Not sure what Yahoo Go is but i was able to install Gmail, Mail by Google, Opera, JiveTalk and GMAPS this way and they work greay.

Can not do OTA unfortunately.
thanks a lot, unfortunatly the install of Yahoo go need to use BB Browser...

only way I fond is to change sim card to install it. (a sim with blackberry activate)
Old 04-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #364
markretallack

Model: 7290
Carrier: Orange
Default Done it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markretallack
Hi all. I think this thread has confused me a bit so I though I would post some questions about what I am seeing in the hope that I/others can get a clear view of that it is about. I have done lots of searching and cannot find any answers that explain why.

I have a Blackberry 7290 on Orange UK, on a pay-as-you-go system (yes, i know....).

It used to be with O2 UK on contract with the full Blackberry data plan etc... And I used the procedure detailed at the start of the thread to setup the APN to allow MidpSSH to work.

Now after moving to Orange UK on pay-as-you-go, I want to know what is and is not possible.

The pay-as-you-go scheme does allow full GPRS connection, with most ports open. I have been able to use my blackberry as a modem connected to my windows PC to check my email etc.. So therefor what does a Data plan provide? On O2, I just though that it meant the back-end server that pushed email to the phone. Is it more than this? Do I need a service book? I read that doing this procedure would mean that I dont need a service book (ippp).

If my laptop can use the Blackberry to connect to the internet, why cannot the Blackberry connect its-self directly if i specify the APN?

Thanks in advance

Mark.
Hi all,

Just a quick follow up. I have it all fixed now.

This is want I have:

A blackberry 7290, originally on O2-UK under contract and Full Blackberry access. Now on Orange-UK on Pay-as-you-go.

After reading a thread on opera;s forum. my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=155571

I have phoned orange and now have safeguard disabled, for some reason this was stopping Opera and lots of other apps from accessing the net.

So now I am on a pay-as-you-go plan, and able to access the internet using Opera and use MidpSSH + google maps.

This is all good.

Have fun...
Old 04-20-2007, 05:23 PM   #365
greg2m

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_fury View Post
well i am with bell mobility and have the 7250 model and im+ wont work properly i click trial and it bring me to the service list i have the wap info in and when i click connect after putting in im info it tries for about a min they i get error code 502, null, if i try to do the auto confie it errors out too.
It was probably already answered, but nonetheless... You need to at least browse on your wap browser at least once.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #366
icana

PIN: N/A
Carrier: 005999
Default Apn for Netherlands Antilles

I live in the Netherlands Antilles (curacao) and I've got a blackberry from UTS. Does anyone know the APN info for UTS in Netherlands Antilles
Old 05-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #367
saher

Default Help

Hello, I have a blackberry pearl from the US but im now residing in UK. I currently have orange pay as you go.. and I can not get data services in order to use my browser, basically i do not have GPRS (WAP). Is there anything that i can dooo?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #368
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to the forums,
You can try to install Opera and access via wap. However, you still have to have some kind of regular gprs cell phone data plan. That has been known to work for some (not all.) Aside from that, without a Blackberry data plan you won't get data on your BB.

Last edited by John Clark; 05-05-2007 at 09:46 PM..
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #369
networkingguy347

Model: 7100T
Carrier: none
Exclamation

Why not just get this information from the provider of broadband internet access?

Joe Jensen
Webmaster
broadband internet accessA quick description on broadband internet access options
Old 05-09-2007, 05:48 AM   #370
dparvin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: UK o2

Hi

I am on an unlimited plan with UK o2 but I cant get any of the IMs to work, any ideas?

Last edited by dparvin; 05-09-2007 at 06:06 AM.. Reason: changed
Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 AM   #371
dparvin
Thumbs Must Hurt

I can use Yahoo fine, but I cant add non-yahoo accounts to my friends lists
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 AM   #372
dparvin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Sorted thanks to Jivebee!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:28 AM   #373
f810

Model: 8800
Carrier: CSL

Hi

I just got my 8800 and wanna use TCP instead of BIS. after configured the TCP, is it still displaying "edge" instead of "EDGE" ?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 AM   #374
knowme

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BB1C2
Carrier: Mobilink
Default in search of a simple answer :)

hi all,

I have been following a lot of threads lately but couldn't seem to figure out a simple question. That is:

Is it possible to run the internet on Blackberry Browser with just TCP setting and no blackberry activated SIM?

I want to use certain softwares that installs OTA (Over The Air) and always points to the Blackberry Browser, even the attachments.

Sorry if this has already been answered but please help me here.

Cheers,
Noman
Old 06-21-2007, 08:04 AM   #375
pvansh

Carrier: Rogers

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I recently picked up a BB 8100 Pearl. I'm on Rogers in Canada. I followed the instructions in this thread but I still can't seem to get Opera to work.

I went into Options > Advanced > TCP, and set
APN: internet.com
user: wapuser1
pass: wap

Also I have Options > Network, set as
Data Services: ON

No matter how many times I try, Opera tries to access the internet running its tests and always comes back saying it failed to get a connection. Is there anything else I need to do to get this working?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #376
toxicrocker

Model: 7750
Carrier: Verizon
Default 7750 web browser mess

Hi folks,

So I just got this used 7750 and, for some reason, it has no browser. I've done everything. I've send service books. I've updated to 4.0. I've called tech support. Done wipes and resets. I've registered with BES. Read this thread back to front. Everything everything everything.

So I'm wondering what it is that I need to do. I'm thinking of doing an uninstall of the OS but don't know how to do it. Any tips? Anything would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to be able to browse the web. Is it possible that it's blocked for good?

Best,
RJ
Old 07-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #377
HChristianS

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Ok So If I just buy a Sprint Data plan for $15 And put Opera Mini On my BB VIA computer, will it work?
Old 07-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #378
Client App Support
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

What about the newest model 8830. Two of my users are not able to access .gif images on our secure website.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #379
nebcat

Carrier: Cingular

Wow! I just picked up a 7290 from Craigs List, slapped in my Cingular GO-Phone SIM card, and updated the software. I stumbled across this thread via Google, because I had a Data Connection Refused error. Did what Mark suggested, and, by using Opera Mini, I could go online and check my Yahoo Email (For a small price, of course.) But, it beats committing towards a BES. Works for me...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #380
aurso

Carrier: Tigo

I live in Honduras, using a provider called Tigo. I don't have access to a BES, and I configured my BB Pearl to use APN (internet.tigo.hn, no user, no pwd) to access the Internet using Opera Mini, and this works fine. However, I can't get the Browser, or IM to work. The Browser reports the following problem, which I thought it was due to the lack of data plan: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device." Without the Browser I can't install software OTA. Is there a workaround to this? Thanks.