Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #3921
silentone
No longer Registered.

Model: 7250

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomachan
I have wallpaper all over this board sil!

Scroll up patron, nascar, and dale jr

I have st. paddy’s day, celtic fc, and some misc stuff with silversurfer b-ball, and art here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/ring...8100+wallpaper

a CRAP load of stuff for the 8100/7100 )st. paddy’s day, dalla cowboys (hate em), and art stuff here (1/2 way to ¾ of the way down the page):

and futbol/soccer themes here (about ½ way down the page, Manchester United, Celtic, Chelsea):

and here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/ring...=soccer+themes

In fact I have 100s of wallpaper and asked a forum member if they like the wallpaper if they could host the images. He said yes but never got back to me … so I’ll just trickle them in the forum every now and then – again thanks for all the help!!
I will Have more space on my site shortly so once that happens I can host your images for you if you still need
Old 01-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #3922
silentone
No longer Registered.

Quote:
coach I can't agree with you more!! sil and slr have both been a valuable asset to this forum! A donation is strictly that a donation!! Some people will contribute others will not. I find nothing wrong with requesting a donation especially to offset time and development spent on projects! both sil and slr have have contributed a GREAT deal here both in the way of information and themes/wallpaper for all devices. I too was concerned that calling a person out in a public forum would cause grief and aggravation and that person would not return (hell I wouldn't blame that person if they didn't return, who needs that crap). It takes a bigger person to rise above that and continue posting for the benefit of the rest of us (ala Jeremy Bentham, greatest good for the greatest number, lol) . I have not heard people complain about members websites asking for donations (and there are certainly more than 1). I don't think I would have pursued the theme building or graphical interest if is wasn't for the the contributions and examples of some members and their willingness to answer questions on development issues that I have had!! GREAT response here coach. Sil and slr keep up the GREAT work and information - you guys ARE appreciated!!!
Thank you much appreciated!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #3923
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentone
Thank you much appreciated!
any time man its sincere and justly deserved!! yeah check out the wall papers if you like and if you have space love to have a place to host! thanks!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #3924
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

its not a donation if they ask you for it prior to giving you something I dont donate to the grocery store i pay them for the items I want. Thats not what happens on their site. SRL and I talk so he knows my feelings but dont question the admins and mods for what they do they called it right.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #3925
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
its not a donation if they ask you for it prior to giving you something I dont donate to the grocery store i pay them for the items I want. Thats not what happens on their site. SRL and I talk so he knows my feelings but dont question the admins and mods for what they do they called it right.
dawg: fair enough point well taken. I was just trying to show appreciation for the contributions both informational and developmental here at the forum (as well as yours, jdog ect, the list could go on and on). and it is this person's opinion that singling out any ONE contributor in an open informational forum was just an inappropriate place to do so. there are many free contributions that have been made and likewise many contributors have sites asking for "donations." the criticism should have been made as an all inclusive comment, as a reminder of sorts to everyone, instead of singling one person out. I would hate to see any of the contributors leave the forum for being singled out. collectively this forum is a GREAT informational source i'd like to see it kept that way. it would be a shame to lose contributors knowledge base over petty issues that reside outside the forum.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #3926
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

My suggestion to everyone is to drop this now. nicomachan, the "singling out" was done by an experienced moderator who set the rules for this thread. We will continue to moderate this forum as we see fit. Just play by the rules and continue posting whatever free themes you desire. This IS a great thread and I, too, would hate to see it end. It has been a very popular thread and many would hate to see the themes end. This needs to stop, NOW.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #3927
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

agreed! my apologies sincerely! moving forward ... how bout them mets?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM   #3928
silentone
No longer Registered.

Last edited by silentone; 01-25-2007 at 06:45 PM..
Old 01-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #3929
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

can anyone tell me how to convert .ico files into .jpg or .gif files so I can resize for bb icons
Old 01-25-2007, 11:23 PM   #3930
srl7741
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
can anyone tell me how to convert .ico files into .jpg or .gif files so I can resize for bb icons

Here is a link to software that will convert .ico files to .png by simply dragging and dropping.

http://www.mobile41.com/tools/Aveicon.zip

drag the .ico file into one side and on the other side is the converted .png.
It also does the reverse. It works great and it's FREE.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:21 AM   #3931
CmCCuF

Model: 8703e

Nice Work Guys!! But I Dont See No Hello Kitty Theme. Can I Put In A Request For An Hello Kitty Theme? Thank You And It For An 87xx
-Cmc
Old 01-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #3932
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl7741
Here is a link to software that will convert .ico files to .png by simply dragging and dropping.

http://www.mobile41.com/tools/Aveicon.zip

drag the .ico file into one side and on the other side is the converted .png.
It also does the reverse. It works great and it's FREE.
slr YOU ROCK!! do you know if there is a bulk resizer (I'm using Kresize now) that allows for other resizing formats? I use picresize online but its bulk beta is not functioning correctly right now and Kresize only converts to .jpg files any advice here?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:05 PM   #3933
Bill Purosky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
slr YOU ROCK!! do you know if there is a bulk resizer (I'm using Kresize now) that allows for other resizing formats? I use picresize online but its bulk beta is not functioning correctly right now and Kresize only converts to .jpg files any advice here?
Irfanview will do batch resizing. IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
Old 01-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #3934
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Purosky
Hey Bill - thanks for the info. I installed irfanview tried to run it but i have a couple of issues with the program:

(1) i'm trying to take a 128x128 .png file and resize to 64x48 .png the transparency in the 128x128 is not carrying through to the resized image

(2) when I go into advanced setting and set the size to 64x48 it resizes the images to 48x48

any advice on correcting these issues?
Old 01-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #3935
bbthemes
No longer Registered.

Default So long folks!!

Hello all, this will probably be the last you here of me. The mods have messed up my original account under silentone so that I cant access any forums. I guess that's there way of being professional. So I had to register a new one to write this post(which by the way was able to access all forums with ease)

I did nothing wrong but try to defend my site being called ridiculous because I ask for donations for some themes.

I am not sure how long this post will last as they may rush to delete it.
Take care to those friends I have made and I wish the best to those of you who dislike me and have to stoop to this level to try and get rid of me.

Keep checking my site for more free themes I just got a new domain with over 100gb of space today.

Shayne aka silentone
Blackberry Theme Central
Old 01-26-2007, 10:47 PM   #3936
bbthemes
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Hey Bill - thanks for the info. I installed irfanview tried to run it but i have a couple of issues with the program:

(1) i'm trying to take a 128x128 .png file and resize to 64x48 .png the transparency in the 128x128 is not carrying through to the resized image

(2) when I go into advanced setting and set the size to 64x48 it resizes the images to 48x48

any advice on correcting these issues?
You must uncheck constrain proportions.

silentone
Old 01-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #3937
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbthemes

silentone
using Gimp and paint don't have those options (sigh) this is proving to be very frustrating. I can't get the white canvases to become transparent either. arrgghh
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #3938
nicomachan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbthemes

silentone
GOT IT!!! SIL YOU ROCK!!! now lol if you have any advice on change canvas images from white to transparent!? LOL thanks man!!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:20 AM   #3939
coachmeeks
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon
Default Whats up with Silentone

Hello moderators, I think the majority of your readers would like Silentone to continue to contribute to your site. I dont know the guy,but he offers allot of themes for free and asks for a small fee if you want something custome made for you right now. Lets not argue if its a donation or a fee, if you want it right now it will take someones personal time so whats the problem with a $5 donation/fee. If you want to wait long enough it will come out free sooner or later for free anyway, if you are willing to wait. He, along with "the man" SRL, give out allot of free advice to others struggling to make or load themes.
He and SRL have made hundreds of themes, most free. I dont mind the self promotion since I have the final choice, spend $5 buck for someone to customize a theme for me, or use the free ones.
Keep this forum strong, support your expert contributors and people will continue to support the buisness that advertise with you as well as this forum.
This is my last rant, back to the BB................
Thanks BBF.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #3940
Bill Purosky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
I'll play around with it to see what I can find.
Closed Thread