Model: 9530
PIN: 30517D5B
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtornone View Post
Wirelessly posted

Nav4ALL

This is the link for the latest version.
What os version are you running?
Under gps make sure you change it to location on instead of e911 only.
I am running .132 and I under gps it was already set to location rather than e911. I will try downloading the latest version and see if that makes any changes.

Edit- I checked and I am already running the latest version, but I am still not able to pickup GPS coordinates.

Last edited by BulletSponge62485; 04-30-2009 at 04:59 PM..
Old 04-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #22
jtornone

Wirelessly posted

I didn't do anything special to get it to work.
I've been using it since .75.
Although under .75 I had no sound.
I love nav4all beets paying
$10 a month for vz navigator.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
BulletSponge62485
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 30517D5B

I will keep playing with it and see, at least now I know that it is possible to work.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #24
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtornone View Post
I love nav4all beets [sic] paying
$10 a month for vz navigator.
That's what you think now... but let us know how you feel when you need support from the developer for your free application.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
jtornone

Wirelessly posted

That's what forums and google are for.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #26
seventysixers1412

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telkomsel

Dear all,

I bought Storm 9530 unlocked from Ebay and all services are worked fine except the GPS (i assume) coz when I download the Google Maps 3.2 it seems that my locations features is not works, it always saying "your current location is unavailble" or "your GPS is unavailable".

I already uninstalled the VZ navigator which I assumed will not work with my cellular provider/carriers coz I'm using the STORM not in USA.

I checked the GPS setting through Options > Advance Options > GPS and under the GPS Services there are two options Location On and E911 Only. I don't know what the different and already try both of them. In my home screen menu under 3G bb logo there is a circle with + logo (looks like compass) and when I chose Location On it show )))) logo on the left of compass logo.

Need info on this. Thanks
Old 06-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #27
project86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just buy a GPS from a electronics store. Who wants to pay 10 bucks a month for GPS on a phone??? You pay 200 for a GPS and never have to pay again. You pay Verizon 10 bucks a month and you will be shelling out money for 20 months to use GPS and then you keep paying if you want to continue to use it. There are some good GPS devices out there. I have a Magellan and wish I got something else, it cannot find a few addresses that have been around for years! I am still looking for a better GPS unit. But I will not fork out 10 bucks for GPS capability for a cel phone.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #28
WMedley
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
Just buy a GPS from a electronics store. Who wants to pay 10 bucks a month for GPS on a phone??? You pay 200 for a GPS and never have to pay again. You pay Verizon 10 bucks a month and you will be shelling out money for 20 months to use GPS and then you keep paying if you want to continue to use it. There are some good GPS devices out there. I have a Magellan and wish I got something else, it cannot find a few addresses that have been around for years! I am still looking for a better GPS unit. But I will not fork out 10 bucks for GPS capability for a cel phone.
I use TeleNav on my storm and have not once had an issue with it finding a destination, plus i get the added bonus of just being able to call in the address and it is added to my list of locations so i don't even have to type it in. The maps will always be updated with telenav, where like my wifes GPS I have to pay 100 a year to buy updated maps(which is the case with all auto GPS devices). I don't have to worry about taking the gps device with me on a flight, or worry about forgetting it, as it is my phone. There are many advantages to having a good GPS application on your PDA.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #29
texasPI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Get a Garmin!
Old 06-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #30
dawiz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 31394XXX

Yea thumbs up on TeleNav I find it to be great!!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #31
rlbagIII
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
Good post.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #32
jahoobob

Do those of you who can't get a GPS app to work switched Options>Advanced Options>GPS>GPS Services to Location On. They won't work with it set to E911.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
TBZ

My GPS works with Google Maps, but has anyone been able to get it to work with Live Search?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #34
TrueSouthGirl

Model: 8130
Carrier: Alltel

I don't understand it, my friend has a non smart phone with VZW and my boyfriend has a non smart phone with Sprint, both of them have full GPS capability for FREE! Turn by turn directions, checking for construction, traffic, etc....I got it to work once on my blackberry pearl, why should we have to pay extra when we already shelled out $$$ for the phone itself?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #35
Carmel Valley Homes Agent
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm

Google maps works great. I needed to use it for a couple of weeks when the GPS went out in my car. It identifies your location wherever and provides driving directions to any destination. The Google search tool identifies businesses in the area, or streets, or individual addresses. In many ways it is more helpful than the GPS in my car. The only thing that it is lacking is voice commands... turn left ahead, etc... Hopefully it is just a matter of time before Google enables that audio feature... or that would be a great Google Apps project for any techie out there.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #36
pastor_rob
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

I use my Storm with GPS and it works with all the programs I use. Google Maps, BB Maps, NAV4ALL and UberTwitter and they all work fine.

As already stated make sure you turn the GPS on ... not 991 location only ... also after you change the setting try a battery pull!!!

Hope this helps ... enjoy the ride ... the new .148 is awesome and makes the Storm the best phone on the market!!!

Last edited by pastor_rob; 06-24-2009 at 11:33 PM..
Old 07-31-2009, 03:45 AM   #37
blakviper

Carrier: Iusacell (Mexico)

hi guys, I'm not able to use BBMaps on my Storm, I'm in Mexico using Iusacell, so far Google Maps doesn't get a lock to the GPS satellites, I don't have access to BBmaps (it won't show on any of the menus and I've chosen so show all and yes it's installed), I've installed Nav4all and although sometimes it get's a lock to the satellites some won't or it will show me about 400 km away from my current position.

Today I installed an application called SignalLoc, when I asked it to show the location of a tower surprise it opened on BBMaps!!! but with a message telling me that (gonna try to translate from Spanish) "the current default services does not provide access to the maps data".

And well like that it locks to the satellites but it doesn't load the maps, has anyone found a way around this to enable BBMaps (when hidden by carrier) or enabling the GPS in GGM?
Closed Thread