Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #21
Renagade281

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Att

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
Actually, 30 seconds is very short for a blackberry startup. Try reloading the OS, can take at least 15 minutes depending on what you do
I wish it took 15 min for mine. I installed the new os and it took bout 45 minutes
Old 10-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
RickNY

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude33333 View Post
mine takes like 3 minutes.... is there anyway to speed this up?
3 minutes is about right for a reboot.. How often are you rebooting it? Should be no need unless you uninstall or install apps that require it (more often with uninstalls), or are trying to troubleshoot a problem.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
scott0482

Carrier: at&t

i know i am bumping and old thread here..

i just updated an 8300 to 4.5 and it took over 15 mintues to boot. i got real worried because last week i had this girl try to update her own to 4.5, i figured "what could go wrong?" well, it failed and she bricked it. I am sure i could have fixed it, but it would have taken a long time, she just got a new one.

and to contribute to the original question.. i have an 8310.. every time i do a battery pull it takes at least 3 minutes.. i hate it.. i had a sim card going bad on me and i would lose reception, and i had to do battery pulls every other day. it drove me crazy..
Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
all4naija

Carrier: AT and T

I agree with most people here that blackberries take alot of time to boot. I have just updated mine and it's taking the whole time to boot. I can see the hourglass rotating with a yellow stuff pouring up and down each time its moves round. Am waiting patiently timing it.

I think there's nothing to be rude about when it comes to the blackberry booting cos all it needs is patient.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #25
all4naija

Carrier: AT and T

It took approximtely 8 minutes to boot after update.One thing the hourglass color has changed this time around to blue.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #26
SpectreBlofeld
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

You think 3 minutes is bad? My new tour takes around 9 minutes to boot up after a restart. Nine frickin' minutes. I can't imagine what is possibly going on that makes it take that long. Your typical winmo/palm/iphone/android device only takes a minute or so.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
craig13oy

Model: 8900
Carrier: huh?
Default lmao

dude my blackberry curve 8900 takes like almost 5minutes to start up, even when i 1st got it. so 30-60seconds, sounds alot better than 5mins so stop complaining=]
Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #28
bella28

Model: flip
Carrier: t mobile
Unhappy Slow Flip Startup

My blackberry flip is slow too, one of my biggest issues is the startup time, it takes as least 2 minutes to start up. If i try to take/send pictures or videos it always freezes and takes 5-10 minutes to start up. When i needed to use my camera yesterday for an accident it wouldnt take the picture, and took 5 minutes to start up, as i needed to call an officer over i had to wait for it to start up, it was rediculous. Ive never had such a slow, inaccurate phone, it seems like the more expensive phones get the less efficient they are.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #29
waq1

Model: 9700
Carrier: vodafone

we just recieved our new bb 9700, i have backed up my bb several times now and restored due to changing to new phones. now my bb is much slower to boot up than my colleagues both phones just arrived today so both new, i think my bb profile is corrupt is this possible? if not why does my phone take longer to boot up?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #30
XxBAILEYxKYxX
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 245FB5DD
Carrier: AT&T

My 8310 takes a minute to boot up. It's a smartphone, it has a lot of things to load even if you have zero applications on the phone. Just deal with it. Nothing is wrong. It's all normal. Like that one guy said, just don't turn it off unless needed. If you reboot the phone when removing applications, if you choose to remove several applications at once, Delete one then choose "reboot later" until you are on the last applications you are deleting and reboot all at once instead of after each one. The booting time is bull, but you can't do anything about it, ALMOST every smartphone takes 30-60secs to boot.

-Bailey

[EDIT] Didn't notice it was a bumped thread, I feel tarded

Last edited by XxBAILEYxKYxX; 05-27-2010 at 08:53 PM..
Closed Thread