BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #21
imkdd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9850
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I'm running into the same thing now. I've tried Doughdaddy's solution, but I seem to be missing something.

I've deleted the CICAL service books, reset the device, reset the DM configuration, configured a new calendar connection in DM, and still no sync. One thing I noted is that even after deleting all my CICAL service books, my calendar is available with all my appointments (it shows as "default" under Options). Should it be completely gone?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:28 PM   #22
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

Use DM to delete your calendar databases on your Pearl to start clean...typing this from memory, so I may be a bit off.

Launch DM and go in to the Backup utility, and click Advanced. A dialog will open showing the databases on your PC and on the Pearl.

Find your calendar datatbase on the list on the right (there may be two - Calendar and Calendar All). Select them and choose the Delete option to delete them.

Then try to sync.

That's worked to solve any sync problems I've had w/the Pearl.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #23
imkdd

Model: 9850

Thanks Danabw, that was the missing piece.

Unfortunately deleting the calendars, service books, resyncing, resetting, etc., didn't restore my calendar sync ;-( so I backed everything up, did a hard reset and restored. Everything back to normal except for a few apps to reinstall.

Not a solution I wish to repeat though. For me the calendar is one of the most critical components of the device, so hopefully RIM will quickly develop a fix. Fingers crossed...

Thanks to all again,

imkdd
Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 PM   #24
jbcnyc

Carrier: verizon
Default outlook calendar sync takes forever

Hi -- a quick question. I have the Pearl 8130. Syncing my calendar (which has years of history that i need to keep) takes forever. Other than archiving some of the calendar data, is there a way to speed up the syncing? (No BES.) If my phone had additional memory, would that help?
thanks!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #25
mf9point8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughdaddy View Post
I posted this elseware before and think it may help you also:

I have the 8130 which comes with 4.3 OS and use it on the VZW BIS for personal emails and such. I sync with my laptop for my work calendar and contacts though (Lotus Notes version 7 but calendar app does not matter). After a week of using the BB I added a some calendar entries into Lotus and then sync'ed the BB to get them on there but nothing sync'ed on the calendar. Dismayed I check all my settings and even reset DM sync settings and readded. Nothing worked. I contacted VZW but since the 8130 is so new they don't know much about it so I was transfered to RIM.

After more than an hour of trying different things and never getting the calendar to sync (everything else does fine) we found that with the 4.3 OS it creates a calendar service book for each BIS email address (we know that, it has a multiple calendar thing) but that it does not create a default calendar for DM syncing. Since no default calendar is created there is nothing for the DM to sync with.

The fix was to go into the service books and delete all the CICAL service books for each email address. There is one per address. After doing that we reset and readded the sync configuration in DM. On the next sync it creates the default calendar and it will now sync with DM.

My recommendation is to get rid of the calendar for each email address. Why would I want to have appt's on 4 different calendars? I have enough trouble doing everything in my one calendar!

But anyways, if you have the same issue that is the fix and if you resend the service books to your BB then you must again delete the CICAL service books for each email address so that sync works. RIM is aware of this issue and are tring to find a fix but this was their work around for now.
Had the same issue. this worked for me on the 1st try!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #26
doc9872

Model: 8330
Default Calendar Issue

I'm new to blackberries and this forum - so sorry for what might be a basic question. I've had the same issue with the calendar not syncing on the 8130. I've been using DM 4.3 and would like to try the workaround that's been described. However, I don't know how to get into service books to delete the CICAL service books. Others have suggested down grading to DM 4.2 SP2, which I haven't tried yet. Could someone explain how to get into the service books to delete the CICALs? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #27
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc9872 View Post
I'm new to blackberries and this forum - so sorry for what might be a basic question. I've had the same issue with the calendar not syncing on the 8130. I've been using DM 4.3 and would like to try the workaround that's been described. However, I don't know how to get into service books to delete the CICAL service books. Others have suggested down grading to DM 4.2 SP2, which I haven't tried yet. Could someone explain how to get into the service books to delete the CICALs? Thanks.
options > advanced options > service book
Old 01-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #28
doc9872

Model: 8330

Thanks - worked perfectly. Is this a one-time fix or will this come back and have to be re-deleted?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #29
wdcbrucefan

Model: 7130e
Default Deleting Service Books?

OK, I am working thru a similar issue. I have switched the default service to my work email, but all the existing appointments are associated with my Yahoo address. And those "Yahoo appointments" are not synching with Outlook.

I know how to delete the service books for the 2 calendars. But, if I do so, will I lose the appointments from my Blackberry Pearl (Verizon)?

And once I delete them, can you give a bit more detail on how to get new service books, etc. and get things back up & running again?

Thanks!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #30
jdy2kgt

Carrier: verizon

UGH! this is the 2nd time i'm having this same problem. The last time I did the delete the service book trick that worked great, but now its not working i've only had the one for my aol email account, deleted it just like i did last time but the calender still isn't linking. I have all the appointments on my blackberry but they won't sync up to outlook for somereason again. Please help. I have a pearl8130 and 4.3 DM. Thank you
Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #31
neils31

Model: 8110
Carrier: T mobile
Thumbs up

Quote:

The fix was to go into the service books and delete all the CICAL service books for each email address. There is one per address. After doing that we reset and readded the sync configuration in DM. On the next sync it creates the default calendar and it will now sync with DM.

My recommendation is to get rid of the calendar for each email address. Why would I want to have appt's on 4 different calendars? I have enough trouble doing everything in my one calendar!

But anyways, if you have the same issue that is the fix and if you resend the service books to your BB then you must again delete the CICAL service books for each email address so that sync works. RIM is aware of this issue and are tring to find a fix but this was their work around for now.

Many thanks man, this sorted it for me
Old 05-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #32
mrfizzed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

ok so.....here we go. ive followed all of the recommendations here. here is an issue i am hoping someone can help me with. after sending service books i have 5 cical service books but in calendar/options i have 6 email addresses (calendars) listed, with one of them being a duplicate. so i have
[email address]
[email address]
[email address]
[email address]
[email address]
[email address]

this [email address] is the proble,m for me. no matter what i do i cannot get rid of this!!! help please
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #33
PAV

Model: 8830

[QUOTE=Doughdaddy;753166]I posted this elseware before and think it may help you also:

...worked like a charm...thanks! Also fixed having duplicate calendars (ie. gmail and outlook). THanks so much!
Old 08-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #34
lamonicaj
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Wow, This Worked!!!

Quote:

I have the 8130 which comes with 4.3 OS and use it on the VZW BIS for personal emails and such. I sync with my laptop for my work calendar and contacts though (Lotus Notes version 7 but calendar app does not matter). After a week of using the BB I added a some calendar entries into Lotus and then sync'ed the BB to get them on there but nothing sync'ed on the calendar. Dismayed I check all my settings and even reset DM sync settings and readded. Nothing worked. I contacted VZW but since the 8130 is so new they don't know much about it so I was transfered to RIM.

After more than an hour of trying different things and never getting the calendar to sync (everything else does fine) we found that with the 4.3 OS it creates a calendar service book for each BIS email address (we know that, it has a multiple calendar thing) but that it does not create a default calendar for DM syncing. Since no default calendar is created there is nothing for the DM to sync with.

I know you posted this awile ago, but I just wanted to say it fixed my problem. I love the search button sometimes..

Also, explained why I had duplicate calendar entries....whew!!! Thanks again for such a thorough explanation!

Last edited by lamonicaj; 08-02-2008 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Added that it also fixed my duplicate entries
Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #35
CoG2818

Default FIXED! - Pearl 8130 calendar synch with Outlook

Doughdaddy - THANKS!!! I have been trying off and on for 2 or 3 months for a fix to the "can't synch from 8130 calendar to Outlook" problem.

For those still looking for a solution, here is a summary:

In BlackBerry:

Options
Advanced Options
Service Book
Scroll down to any email address with a [CICAL] after it, delete

On your PC:

Open Desktop Manager and configure it to do a Calendar sync

I did the above and now my calendar synchronization works fine. Not sure why RIM had to make it this hard to figure out, but THANKS AGAIN to Doughdaddy for your perseverance and for taking the time to share what you found.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #36
CoG2818

Default FIXED! - Pearl 8130 calendar synch with Outlook

Doughdaddy - THANKS!!! I have been trying off and on for 2 or 3 months for a fix to the "can't synch from 8130 calendar to Outlook" problem.

For those still looking for a solution, here is a summary:

In BlackBerry:

Options
Advanced Options
Service Book
Scroll down to any email address with a [CICAL] after it, delete

On your PC:

Open Desktop Manager and configure it to do a Calendar sync

I did the above and now my calendar synchronization works fine. Not sure why RIM had to make it this hard to figure out, but THANKS AGAIN to Doughdaddy for your perseverance and for taking the time to share what you found.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #37
aflorest

Model: Bold
Carrier: Telcel

Quote:

Thank you ver much for the tip, I had been looking for an answer in the forum for the past hour and resetting the device, removing the battery, clearing the database, backing up the device, restoring the device, and for a moment praying it would solve itself but the solution you have posted is excellent, clear and did the trick for me.

If I resend the service books again do I need to delete the CICAL service books again for my email accounts?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:21 PM   #38
Mark Scott1971

Model: 8310
Carrier: Vodafone

Help! I cannot sync my curve 8310 with outlook. I have tried everything that is above but the DM doesn't even recognise Outlook as a calendar option. I use the device for personal mail (windows live) but I am trying to sync it with my work diary and the appointments appear in Outlook at work. Is it only possible to sync the diary with the same email account or can you keep work and calendar appointments separate?
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #39
ginger46

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange
Default Calendar Synchronisation

I have read with dismay the number of problems users of Desktop Manager are experiencing.
I took delivery of my BB 8900 with DTM 4.7 and looked forward to using it as it came with a reputation for excellent business use.

How wrong can you be??? I have used many different phones and software support packages for Nokia, Motorola, and Sony Ericsson without any problems. I use Outlook 2003 within Windows XP and have done for years.

The BB and Desktop Manager (one or the other) seem incapable of synchronising the calander entries I want.

I have set them to synchronise the calanfer both ways
a) for all entries and
b) for 200 days in the past and 400 days into the future

Future synchronisation seems OK but any settings I use for the past are ignored and synchronisation limited to 8 weeks - everything else prior to this timescale is erased - Surely BB should be keen enough to sort this problem rather than have what seems to be a very high level of disatisfaction with their substandard products.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Ginger46

Last edited by ginger46; 06-22-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 AM   #40
ErwinF

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Check what is setup under Calendar - [Menu Key] - Options - General Options, scroll down to the end and look for "Keep Appointments:". The value at this option override whatever is on Desktop Manager.

Another tip: (with the BB connected) from Desktop Manager go to Backup/Restore and select Advanced. Select Calendar and press Clear. This will erase your calendar on the Blackberry. Re-Sync again. It should make a full refresh of your Outlook Calendar to the BB.

Good luck!
Closed Thread