Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #21
guinda35
CrackBerry Addict

Model: z10
Carrier: att

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torberry View Post
Hmmm....not so sure. I'm a small business user that needs ms exchange support and now that the iPhone has it I'm strongly considering buying the 3G. But I do love blackberry. For me it comes down to how decent the Blackberry media player is because I use mine at the gym and on the road.

I'm on the fence, titling towards remaining a RIM customer for the 7th straight year, but I'll test both. I bet there are 100,000s if not 1,000,000s of people like me with similar perspectives.

Let it be known that neither device is going to change your life or mine for an instant. The joy that you feel the moment you load it up and get accustomed to it will be quickly supplanted by the suffering you feel shortly after you've mastered it and are comfronted with the reality that you won't see another advancement or upgrade for many months if not years to come.

Our consumer culture builds in perpetual suffering and opposes the more sustainable and life enriching concepts of living a simple and modest life.
""Simple and modest life"? Like what, the Star Tac?

Seriously I hear you, but I can't do without the smartphone features now. What I've done to keep this from "unsimplifing" my life is set my 8200 to notify me only of phone calls, texts, and appointments.

The constant chirping of emails coming in was distracting me so much from my daily life that I found myself serving the &$#@ device, instead of the reverse. Now I check my emails when I want to, instead of when the phone wants me to.

I'm also waiting for the Bold, but would buy the iPhone if I wasn't afraid of the touchscreen so much, given the need for me to do long emails in my small business, often with lots of numbers. I think Rim is shooting itself in the foot by not putting the Bold out now. I would bolt just to get the fancier screen and 3G, given that the Bold has now apparently been delayed until "fall", but for my perceived need for a tactile keyboard. I might just test it out though.

Last edited by guinda35; 07-07-2008 at 12:01 PM..
Old 07-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #22
sugar
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile

Tactile keyborad on such small real estate is a no no for me.
Will go for the Bold and give my 8120 jewel to my wife.
Closed Thread