Old 11-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
epodox

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
You pay $10 bucks for talking directions, that's the "premium" part, don't want it to talk to you - it is free app!
man do you people know how to read...we dont want it to talk we want it to work. take a min and read what where typing its not a problem about it talking its the fact that the program isnt intracting with our gps at all!!!!!!! noda, nothing , zilch, zipo, starting to get the picture? there is no my location there is no gps in the program at all. if you want to see how it works try going to youtube and watching a video and you will see how the gps is supposed to interact with the software. Please actualy read befor you reply.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #22
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricScott View Post
Got my AT&T bold yesterday and had two questions:

1) First device w/ GPS so maybe this is a stupid question. But if I don't use AT&T Navigator (refuse to pay them more than I already do), can I use GPS? I downloaded Google Maps and it doesn't seem to be using the GPS. If I go to Setting / Advanced Options / GPS, "GPS Services" is set to "Location ON" but the "GPS Location" is all 0's. If I want to enable / disable GPS, I assume the "GPS Services" is the option to use?

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by epodox View Post
man do you people know how to read...we dont want it to talk we want it to work. take a min and read what where typing its not a problem about it talking its the fact that the program isnt intracting with our gps at all!!!!!!! noda, nothing , zilch, zipo, starting to get the picture? there is no my location there is no gps in the program at all. if you want to see how it works try going to youtube and watching a video and you will see how the gps is supposed to interact with the software. Please actualy read befor you reply.
Thanks for the words n00b, get bent.!

I read it loud and clear, did you? I love internet thugs.

If the program doesn't work find another, oh wait there is one, telenav and it's on the phone and FREE if you don't want the premium talking directions.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #23
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by epodox View Post
not really, you need a program to read gps..... and att charges you 10$ a month to use theres. its the only one i can get working atm google maps wont talk to the gps in my phone. you should know this.
BBMaps is free. GoogleMaps is free. Checkthe GPS section. Several other freebies there also. BUT they all require a BB data plan - so maybe by your definition they aren't free.

BBMaps and GoogleMaps work great on my BB. Maybe you need to set yours up properly. You can get latitude and longitude displayed on the device itself without any application/map program.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 11-08-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Closed Thread